Windows 10: Multiple internet connections not connecting again

Discus and support Multiple internet connections not connecting again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS windows 10 pro Version 2004 Build 19041.685 X570 mobo 128gb ddr4 3600mhz Ryzen9 3900xt The network details 1x metered ethernet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Win10isafailure, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Multiple internet connections not connecting again

OS windows 10 pro

Version 2004

Build 19041.685

X570 mobo

128gb ddr4 3600mhz

Ryzen9 3900xt

The network details

1x metered ethernet connection

2x metered remote NDIS based internet connection

The scenario...i dont have internet available in my area so i use a hotspot and supplement the connection with mine and my wifes phone tethering for large downloads

The need...i need windows 10 to use all three wan connections at the same time when available

The no BS clause...i could do it automatically with windows 7 ultimate 2601 so dont tell me it cant be done or its too complicated just dont answer

The "fixes"...

1-Added fMinimizeConnections dWord to the registry

2-bridged the connection this acted stupidly...I bridged the 3 connections and it decided to include the wifi which i do not want included and prioritized the download of playstation updates why tf over the large file im currently downloading. It also broke all internet connections when disconnecting from the wireless im guessing because it bridged the connections and my pc needed a router to access it again why tf

3-set up a hyper-v vswitch and bridged all the connection to it and linked the host pc to the switch...also broke all the connection

4-attempted to "team" the connections but win10 doesnt team remote NDIS connections

5-turned priority and vlan setting off on the ethernet driver

6-restarted everything

"I just need this to work"

-every windows 10 user ever

:)

Win10isafailure, Jan 14, 2021
  2. digibucc Win User

Multiple Internet Connections

ok, now I know this has been around for a long time. I have been reading for quite some time trying to find a way to aggregate my internet connections. So I understand the capabilities and limitations.

My question is , if I have two nics in my pc and two separate connections with separate gateways, etc - will opening multiple downloads. (in firefox) , or opening multiple programs, or using a download manager or something that uses multiple connections... will any of those things ever make use of the second connection?

is that only possible with a dual wan router, or a linux box dedicated?

I understand it can't use both connections to download a single file, etc - but when multiple connections are being made, will it ever make use of more than one adapter?

i ask because even though i have not implemented any such solution - I have two nics(with live isp connections) and have set the metric to use the faster one first - but the speed reported in Steam is much higher than either individual connection should rate....

so what's up? thank you *Smile Multiple internet connections not connecting again :)

digibucc, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Multiple internet connections

it will work just fine with anything that use's multiple connections such as torrents or segmented downloads...

the key here is downloading 25% of each file on each connection if you have 4.
    download accelerators can help with this by connecting multiple times to the same server.
    (anything single threaded will not go faster then the maximum speed of 1 connection.)

windows7 can handle the load balance if you have 4 network cards and 4 modems.

slyfox2151, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Multiple internet connections not connecting again

Multiple Internet Connections

If you read post #22, there's a screenshot with utorrent maxed out download speed using 2 connections.

kid41212003, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Multiple internet connections not connecting again

1. Multiple internet connections not connecting again - Similar Threads - Multiple internet connections

2. Internet disconnecting and can't connect back again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting and can't connect back again: So I've been having this problem for about a week now. Basically I will be playing a game if it helps, its Roblox and at any random moment my laptop loses internet, just out of the blue. It's not my wifi since I am usually watching videos on another device at the time im...
  3. Internet disconnecting and can't connect back again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnecting and can't connect back again: So I've been having this problem for about a week now. Basically I will be playing a game if it helps, its Roblox and at any random moment my laptop loses internet, just out of the blue. It's not my wifi since I am usually watching videos on another device at the time im...
  4. How to connect internet to my laptop again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect internet to my laptop again?: I forced to shutdown the laptop and afterward I can't connect the internet. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-internet-to-my-laptop-again/a6c2aa47-3375-467e-b272-e32d151fb423
  5. How to connect internet to my laptop again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect internet to my laptop again?: I forced to shutdown the laptop and afterward I can't connect the internet. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-internet-to-my-laptop-again/a6c2aa47-3375-467e-b272-e32d151fb423
  6. No Internet Connection and Not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection and Not connected: Hi Dear, My laptop has several problems: 1.when i used my computer on yesterday, i still works and a hour later, it shows no network, it is totally not shown any icons, like wifi, networks, Bluetooth... At the task bar 2. Also no network shown too, whatever the next...
  7. Internet Connected but no Internet

Internet Connected but no Internet: Whenever I go on to the internet it says No internet and the diagnostics say The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. The error is ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. When i go to Network connections it says the Network Cable is Unplugged for Ethernet but i've...
  8. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  9. Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?: Is there a way I can increase internet throughput/responsiveness on a single Windows 10 pc by enabling both wireless and wired communications at the same time? I have access to a community wide wireless network, and I have my own router with both wireless and wired...
  10. Combination of multiple ibnernet connections for faster internet

Combination of multiple ibnernet connections for faster internet: If faster internet is needed, can two or more internet connections be combined, please share information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/combination-of-multiple-ibnernet-connections-for/67e6eb91-d687-443c-be4e-394fb819a641