Windows 10: Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

Discus and support Multiple issues after upgrading from win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some installed programs only open a black window, start menu doesn't open, windows defender instacrashes, I can't give administrator permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moxit, Jan 19, 2020.

1. moxit Win User

Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

Some installed programs only open a black window, start menu doesn't open, windows defender instacrashes, I can't give administrator permission to actions that require it, restore windows doesn't work, the settings program crashes easily, when I switch on the pc a blue and black flashing screen appears, and I need to press the power button two more times for it to reach the desktop successfully.

What can I do?

:)

moxit, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

Win10 Upgrade issue

Hi Sean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the methods provided below:

Method 1: DISM TOOL:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow).
    • Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes)

For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Method 2: Run a SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue still persists, suggest you to Roll back to the previous version of Windows by following the steps below and Upgrade again to Windows 10.

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on ‘Update and Security’.
    • Click on ‘Recovery’.
    • There you will find option to go back to previous Operating System, click on Get started.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

1. Multiple issues after upgrading from win10 - Similar Threads - Multiple issues upgrading

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 - Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 - Multiple Issues: Issue Listmbr2gpt fails validationBoot Disk PartitionIm trying to go from Windows 10 to 11 through the mbr2gpt tool. it keeps saying that the validation fails and i am trying to find the logs for it but i cant, even if i punch %windir% into file explorer. nothing shows up. i...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 - Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 - Multiple Issues: Issue Listmbr2gpt fails validationBoot Disk PartitionIm trying to go from Windows 10 to 11 through the mbr2gpt tool. it keeps saying that the validation fails and i am trying to find the logs for it but i cant, even if i punch %windir% into file explorer. nothing shows up. i...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 - Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,My laptop updated to Windows 11 last week and has been having multiple issues since:Can't run Zoom without the computer freezing until I have to restart it - I've reinstalled Zoom but it hasn't made a differenceVideo calls in general don't seem to work - Teams and FB...
  6. Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,My laptop updated to Windows 11 last week and has been having multiple issues since:Can't run Zoom without the computer freezing until I have to restart it - I've reinstalled Zoom but it hasn't made a differenceVideo calls in general don't seem to work - Teams and FB...
  7. Win10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 upgrade issue: I have a legit Windows 7 license on my computer andtried to upgrade to Win 10 for free. Everything workedfine for half a year, then the next Windows 10update came and, I think, some file was removed because the computer stopped working properly. I invited the technical...
  8. Multiple Issues with Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Issues with Win10: Hi, I'm having an issue where explorer.exe disappears every time I log in. It's a simple fix but annoying to have to do it every time. My plan was to run sfc/scannow but when I open command prompt with admin privileges it just opens and disappears immediately. Any advice?...
  9. Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade: Hi, I have recently upgraded from Win8 to Win10 (clean install, kept only the non-system data partition). While running Win8 it may have crashed once or twice in the past year, but nothing major. Since installing Win10 about a week ago, I've had like 6 BSOD's of varying...
  10. Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1: I installed windows 10 and everything supposedly went fine. After logging on, at first, I couldn't access 'Settings' so I couldn't get any updates. I got that sorted by using a microsoft fix, but now find that when I try to run services.msc from the command prompt I get an...