Windows 10: Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update

Discus and support Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro x64 system (NOT Insider) I have some rather odd issues since I applied KB4489894 and KB4023057. Nothing serious, just irritating and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Old Puter Man, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update

Windows 10 Pro x64 system (NOT Insider)

I have some rather odd issues since I applied KB4489894 and KB4023057.

Nothing serious, just irritating and I'm concerned that these could be systemic of larger issues..

1) Apps, such as Excel, browsers, Spotify started opening in reduced windows, usually in the upper left of my Desktop. These are not minimized and I can maxamize without problems. It seems to be random... sometimes it happens and sometimes not. Doesn't seem to by just one or two Apps either, Not critical but, at times, confusing if I don't catch it fast and try to start the App again.

2) Icons in the System Tray "Blacking Out". They are not gone, there is a placeholder there, but the icon is gone. Hovering over the placeholder pops up the title and the Apps work fine. Right click also is fine. Happens most often to my CPU Monitor, Memory Monitor and iCloud. Restarting doesn't seem to help. The icons are there after a restart OR after I exit the App and run it from the Start Menu. They will eventually turn back to being "Blacked Out" Again not critical but??

3) Last, for the nonce, is that I have random fails of some user assigned hotkeys. At times they work and at other times not. Again work or no doesn't seem to be related to time from the last restart. (Did try a total of three KB's)

If anyone else has seen any of these issues, please drop me a note or point me to where Microsoft shows it is aware of them.

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

John

:)

The Old Puter Man, Apr 5, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update

1. Multiple issues cropping up since last windows 10 Pro update - Similar Threads - Multiple issues cropping

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  6. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  7. Font printing issue since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font printing issue since last update: My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy. I tried doing a system restore but it failed and...
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit: I again have an issue where the Taskbar appears at the top of screen on start up. In the settings it is "bottom" is selected but it still starts at top. There was a prior windows update where this occurred and now its at it again since the last update. Anyone got any ideas...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538