Windows 10: Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. @Jason_E (MSFT) How about a couple of more? - Wifi doesnt connect fast on Windows start, stays disconnected often for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mkxy, Sep 21, 2018.

1. mkxy Win User

Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10

Split from this thread.​

@Jason_E (MSFT) How about a couple of more?

- Wifi doesnt connect fast on Windows start, stays disconnected often for about 1-2 minute until finally connects, connection speed after entering login screen is totally random, can be 2 seconds, 10 seconds, 30, 1 minute.

- lock screen background image randomly reset and doesn't show the one you set correctly, going back and forth fixes the issue most of the time

- randomly happens, Windows Explorer doesnt refresh after deleting or renaming files

- randomly happens, Windows Explorer gets into a broken state, doesnt render background color anymore of selected files nor show checkbox if checkbox selection view is enabled

- randomly happens between tablet mode switch, that about 100px of the taskbar is shifted out to the right out of the monitor (half of the date and the notification icon are not visible anymore)

- randomly happens, that Cortana search window freezes while typing and wont work anymore until Windows reboot

- randomly happens, that the minimize maximize and close icons on UWP apps are missing (color is the same as title background and not visible)

- randomly happens, that UWP apps are broken and part of it shifted out of the window, you have to close and reopen the app to fix this. This also happens with the Windows store or the settings app

- Windows store is most of the time bugged and just shows still downloading apps where theyre already finished installing, or the download indicator just randomly gets to 0kb/s and doesnt show any updated state anymore, if you close and reopen the store, theyre gone and finished mostly

- poor Windows animations on 4k display with DPI scaling on

Should I go on? ... How come no one cares at MS about bugs like these, which are present now since over 2-3 years? Why can I find bugs like this in just 30 minutes using Windows 10 on all my laptops and desktops, and the QnS team of MS cant?

:)

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Thema:

1. Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple issues experienced

2. Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue: Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/experiencing-the-windows-compatability-issue/6aad891a-01f0-44f6-8965-0276b4b7326b
  3. Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue: Experiencing the Windows Compatability issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/experiencing-the-windows-compatability-issue/6aad891a-01f0-44f6-8965-0276b4b7326b
  4. Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows: Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/experiencing-the-compatibility-issue-with-windows/3fd867c1-862b-4ccc-98ef-c1e9a4594434
  5. Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows

Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows: Experiencing the compatibility issue with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/experiencing-the-compatibility-issue-with-windows/3fd867c1-862b-4ccc-98ef-c1e9a4594434
  6. Been experiencing multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been experiencing multiple BSODs: System Information local Computer name:DESKTOP-NUG91H0Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFICPU:AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level:...
  7. Been experiencing multiple BSODs

Been experiencing multiple BSODs: System Information local Computer name:DESKTOP-NUG91H0Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFICPU:AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level:...
  8. Multiple issues with windows 10

Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  9. Experiencing issues with cameraWindows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Experiencing issues with cameraWindows 10: So I'm having trouble with my camera. When I use it, everything is reddish and fuzzy. Its blurry too, I tried installing a new software but that didn't fix the problem. My camera is integrated and my laptop is dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming....
  10. Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June: Ever since a Windows 8.1 update (which I don't remember specifically) in the May-June time frame, my laptop keyboard stopped working even though it still works on my windows login screen (and I have to use an external keyboard for everything else) resizing windows is...