Windows 10: multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10

Discus and support multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a new Asus laptop with windows 10 1. I did full updates from Microsoft windows10 updates and later realized maybe I should have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asuswin10guy, Feb 5, 2020.

1. multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10

Hello,

I just got a new Asus laptop with windows 10

1. I did full updates from Microsoft windows10 updates and later realized maybe I should have updated Asus hardware drivers first. Now I am having BSOD issues & netio.sys errors forcing me to reboot at least twice so far. Since then I’ve not had this issue so far.
    2. I shutdown my laptop everyday. I just noticed from task manager and confirmed in cmd prompt commands my laptop is running for several days. Wondering if this is normal or a setting somewhere or related to issue 1. ?
    3. I was having slow internet issues – rebooted modem , no help. Then I found out I had to flushdns , etc and so far no more issues. Is this also related to issue 1. ?

Should I do a factory reset ? Everything is up to date and I've scanned for viruses and its clean. Please advice. Thank you

:)

asuswin10guy, Feb 5, 2020
  2. LeonLaude Win User

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Feb 5, 2020
  3. computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 5, 2020
  4. multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10

DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10

1. multiple issues starting with dns and netio.sys in Windows10 - Similar Threads - multiple issues starting

2. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  3. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  4. DNS issue

DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  5. Netios replacing by mDSN ?

Netios replacing by mDSN ?: I have a customer which is using Netbios and its complain that need to be stoped, I was looking into the internet and found that Microsoft its replacing Netbios for mDNS, do you have this article ? If not able to Disable Netbios, is there any diferent replace solution ?...
  6. How to stop blue screen netio sys errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop blue screen netio sys errors: how do you stop blue screen errors namely netio sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-netio-sys-errors/e49a01ce-e85b-473a-83a5-bc6993532637
  7. Multiple start up issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple start up issues: Hey. I just wanted to address an issue where I have three errors in one. Firstly, my internet is gone, only being a computer screen with a cable beside it and a red circle and an X. Second, everything but my cursor disappears as soon as my desktop icons and taskbar load....
  8. DNS Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  9. DNS ISSUES STARTING 11/13/2018

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS ISSUES STARTING 11/13/2018: I work for a local ISP and we have had 100's of Windows 10 users calling in with "DNS server not responding" when we run troubleshooter on their PCs. I am referring them to Microsoft as this is not an issue with their internet service but was wondering if the recent...
  10. system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle: Hello, guys! Ive been getting BSOD for around a week and I notice it only happens if I leave the computer idle for around 10~20 minutes, it won't happen at all while I'm using it. I'm running a Z800 HP Workstation. Attached are the log files. Thank you in advance! *Smile...