Windows 10: Multiple keyboard languages

Discus and support Multiple keyboard languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm wondering why there are so many keyboards languages in my keyboard list (Windows + spacebar) but none in my settings. I'm also bothered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PLVTO, Oct 21, 2018.

1. PLVTO Win User

Multiple keyboard languages

Hi,

I'm wondering why there are so many keyboards languages in my keyboard list (Windows + spacebar) but none in my settings. I'm also bothered because it changes from time to time and I don't need any of those other setups.

I'd really like to delete them all except Canadian French Keyboard.

This is my keyboard list that changes every now and then..

Multiple keyboard languages 275ad741-db39-4369-8715-effdee5b2f6f?upload=true.png

And this is is my keyboard in my settings.

Multiple keyboard languages 099baa4e-5859-48a8-b417-a8a768c5129f?upload=true.png

I also don't have any other languages running, so no worries about that..
    Multiple keyboard languages 011504f2-0525-4bc8-a50e-55c87a0f9a66?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

PLVTO, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 21, 2018
  3. I can't change keyboard language by Win + space

Hi,

This issue may arise when multiple language has been deleted accidently or when it is missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

• As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if multiple keyboard layout has been configured under
      Region and language settings.
    • Type region and language on the search bar.
    • Select Region and Language settings and check if you have installed multiple languages under a language pack.

This issue may also arise due to corruptions in Windows components and I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Type settings on the search bar, choose Update and Security
    and click Check for Updates.

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: ms-settings:windowsupdate

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Multiple keyboard languages

Keyboard layouts and language settings appearing out of nowhere

Hi Bastian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Are you using Local Account or Microsoft Account?

We suggest you to go Region and Language, delete the language and check. Refer the below steps:

• Windows Key.
    • Type Region & Language
    • If you find languages there then delete and check.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Refer the below articles:

Add a language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/using-multiple-languages

You can refer to the article to download language packs.

Language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Multiple keyboard languages

1. Multiple keyboard languages - Similar Threads - Multiple keyboard languages

2. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  3. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  4. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  5. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  6. multiple languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple languages: i have only two languages installed in my settings english-united states and persian. but in taskbar, i see three or four languages english-US, english-UK, Persian and Persian-standard and switching between languages does not work smoothly...
  7. multiple languages

multiple languages: i have only two languages installed in my settings english-united states and persian. but in taskbar, i see three or four languages english-US, english-UK, Persian and Persian-standard and switching between languages does not work smoothly...
  8. multiple languages

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.: When i press ctrl+shift or windows+space I can swap between multiple keyboards. But I've only got 1 langauge installed English, any idea how to remove the extra keyboard? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Using multiple language keyboards

Using multiple language keyboards: I have installed the Spanish México keyboard. I can type accented vowels by pressing the {[ key first and ñ by using the :; key but I cannot figure out how to get Spanish punctuation marks! Can anyone help me figure this out, please?...