Windows 10: Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue

Discus and support Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set three Preferred Languages in Windows 10, each associated with a different keyboard layout: English English-Qwerty, German German-Qwertz and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hew McCollough, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue

I set three Preferred Languages in Windows 10, each associated with a different keyboard layout: English English-Qwerty, German German-Qwertz and Italian Italian-Qwerty.
    I use different input methods for different apps, everything is smooth and fine and I can easily switch between keyboard layouts when I need to - with one notable and very annoying exception. Whenever I use MS Word, a fourth keyboard layout turns up automatically and messes up my typing: Italian-Qwertz. The point is that I have never installed it and it does not appear in the installed keyboard layouts under any installed language, but I cannot get rid of it unless I restart my pc and every time I run MS Words the unwanted keyboard layout is there again.
    This is driving me crazy and I would be grateful if you could help me regain my peace of mind.

:)

Hew McCollough, Nov 30, 2020

2. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue

1. Multiple Keyboard-Layouts Issue - Similar Threads - Multiple Keyboard Layouts

2. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop: When i use mstsc on my local "Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.1645" to connect to "Windows server 2019 build 17763.2746" then after disconnecting my local keyboard layout get sometimes messed up i didnt figure out root cause of this.On BOTH machines i have exactly same langunage...
  3. Issues creating a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues creating a keyboard layout: Hello!I've been trying to create a new keyboard layout using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 that allows for a lot of different symbols. I set the language to German.Validating the keyboard succeeds, but I get a lot of warnings of the following types: WARNING: The character X...
  4. Issues creating a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues creating a keyboard layout: Hello!I've been trying to create a new keyboard layout using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 that allows for a lot of different symbols. I set the language to German.Validating the keyboard succeeds, but I get a lot of warnings of the following types: WARNING: The character X...
  5. Multiple Keyboards Layouts

Multiple Keyboards Layouts: Hi, I have a weird issue since a few months. It seems like something changed in how Windows 10 is handeling the multiple keyboards layout. My Windows display setting is set in English, as I'm used to have it this way, but I live in France, and have no choice but to use a...
  6. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  7. Issue with the keyboard layout

Issue with the keyboard layout: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  8. Strange keyboard layout issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  9. Keyboard multiple layouts bug

Keyboard multiple layouts bug: Hi, my keyboard has changed the layout i don't know how but i can't see other keyboard layout, now i have a layout was have letters like this: Ä, but i see in the configs and i don't see nothing. Thank you For example when i press the '' i need to press it two times...
  10. Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue

Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue: On my laptop, I have two user accounts. The Turkish language pack is installed on the second account. The Arabic and English packs are installed on both accounts. My problem is: On the first account, the Turkish keyboard layout is shown in the language bar in task bar, but...