Windows 10: Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

Discus and support Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i press ctrl+shift or windows+space I can swap between multiple keyboards. But I've only got 1 langauge installed English, any idea how to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niels-van-Klaveren, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

When i press ctrl+shift or windows+space I can swap between multiple keyboards. But I've only got 1 langauge installed English, any idea how to remove the extra keyboard?

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed. ccdc9af2-fa41-48fc-8f68-12a5359adde0?upload=true.png

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed. 183a70a5-7c23-49da-9796-7a1171a444b1?upload=true.png

:)

Niels-van-Klaveren, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Multiple keyboard layouts shown for keyboard languages

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It could be that individual keyboards are installed for that particular language. You can check the keyboards installed by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. On the left pane, click on Language.
    4. Click on the language pack for which you see multiple keyboards and select
      Options.
    5. If you see multiple keyboards, click on the keyboard that you want to remove and select
      Remove.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 11, 2021
  3. I can't change keyboard language by Win + space

Hi,

This issue may arise when multiple language has been deleted accidently or when it is missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

• As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if multiple keyboard layout has been configured under
      Region and language settings.
    • Type region and language on the search bar.
    • Select Region and Language settings and check if you have installed multiple languages under a language pack.

This issue may also arise due to corruptions in Windows components and I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Type settings on the search bar, choose Update and Security
    and click Check for Updates.

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: ms-settings:windowsupdate

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Pedro M Win User

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

Keyboard language won't change

Hi, i hope you're doing good today.

This issue may happen when multiple language has been deleted accidentally or when it is missing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if multiple keyboard layout has been configured under Region and language settings.

Type region and language on the search bar.

Select Region and Language settings and check if you have installed multiple languages under a language pack.

This issue may also arise due to corruptions in Windows components and I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Type settings on the search bar, choose Update and Security and click Check for Updates.

Regards.

Pedro M, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

1. Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed. - Similar Threads - Multiple keyboards language

2. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  3. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  4. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  5. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  6. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  7. installing a new language keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing a new language keyboard: when i try to install a new language in this case japanese, it goes through smoothly but i cant install any language packs aside from 'display language installed'. im trying to find a way to be able to type in japanese on my english keyboard but i cant install the typing pack...
  8. Using multiple language keyboards

Using multiple language keyboards: I have installed the Spanish México keyboard. I can type accented vowels by pressing the {[ key first and ñ by using the :; key but I cannot figure out how to get Spanish punctuation marks! Can anyone help me figure this out, please?...
  9. How to toggle keyboard language with 1 button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to toggle keyboard language with 1 button?: Hi guys I have a useless Application key on my keyboard, which as far as I can tell emulates right click. Is there anyway I can reassign it to language switch (normally it's assigned to alt-shift) submitted by /u/Brazerss [link] [comments]...
  10. Multiple keyboard languages

Multiple keyboard languages: Hi, I'm wondering why there are so many keyboards languages in my keyboard list (Windows + spacebar) but none in my settings. I'm also bothered because it changes from time to time and I don't need any of those other setups. I'd really like to delete them all except...