Windows 10: Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10Affects: USB keyboard and built-in keyboard at the same timeIssues:Ctrl key doesn't work or gets stuckLetters typed will not appear on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ricesquirrel, May 22, 2022.

1. Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

OS: Windows 10Affects: USB keyboard and built-in keyboard at the same timeIssues:Ctrl key doesn't work or gets stuckLetters typed will not appear on screenCtrl lock appears to be turned on but I think it's shift because it types instead of 0Alt key doesn't work or gets stuckFixes attempted:Windows Troubleshooter - no issues detectedUninstall keyboard from Device Manager* and restartUninstall keyboard and all hidden keyboards from Device Manager and restart* For some reason, Device Manager lists 2 HID keyboards. I don't know if this is relevant.

:)

ricesquirrel, May 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 22, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 22, 2022
  4. Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

How do I disable the laptop keyboard WITHOUT disabling drivers?

Hello @desbest,

You have probably tried this, if NOT . . .

Source: > How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10 - TheWindowsClub

Also: > How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard in Windows 10 - LifeWire

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

1. Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Multiple keyboards randomly

2. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  3. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  4. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up: I have a magic apple keyboard. After like 10 minutes it will randomly stops working and i have to go to bluetooth and disconnect and reconnect it. This is espically annoying in video games. Is there any fixes for this or is my bluetooth just bad? Also when I restart my pc it...
  5. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up: I have a magic apple keyboard. After like 10 minutes it will randomly stops working and i have to go to bluetooth and disconnect and reconnect it. This is espically annoying in video games. Is there any fixes for this or is my bluetooth just bad? Also when I restart my pc it...
  6. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard is acting up

Keyboard is acting up: I downloaded Splitgate from steam and was playing it, after I played the tutorial, my keyboard was acting up. Whenever I hold W to move forward then stop holding W my player keeps moving. It does this with all of the keys, sure it will stop after a while but it's very...
  8. Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop: OS: Windows 10Affects: USB keyboard and built-in keyboard at the same timeIssues:Ctrl key doesn't work or gets stuckLetters typed will not appear on screenCtrl lock appears to be turned on but I think it's shift because it types instead of 0Alt key doesn't work or gets...
  9. Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop

Multiple keyboards randomly acting up on Windows 10 laptop: OS: Windows 10Affects: USB keyboard and built-in keyboard at the same timeIssues:Ctrl key doesn't work or gets stuckLetters typed will not appear on screenCtrl lock appears to be turned on but I think it's shift because it types instead of 0Alt key doesn't work or gets...
  10. Keyboard acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard acting up: I recently had my 4 year old son go type crazy on my keyboard and now when I click the period (.) button it completely stops the use of my letters on the keyboard. It won’t let me type and if I click an internet link it opens it up into a new tab instead of the same tab as...