Windows 10: Multiple keys are not working all of a sudden

Discus and support Multiple keys are not working all of a sudden in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I currently have a surface book and a couple of days ago the ctrl key stopped working completely. Now today, the enter key isn't working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by choconoe, Jan 26, 2019.

1. choconoe Win User

Multiple keys are not working all of a sudden

Hello, I currently have a surface book and a couple of days ago the ctrl key stopped working completely. Now today, the enter key isn't working and neither is one of the shift keys, both were working just a couple of minutes ago and now nothing. I'm starting to fear that my keyboard will be completely useless soon. I've tried restarting it, turning it off and on, uninstalling the keyboard and installing it back, yet nothing has fixed the issue. I've had this laptop since the beginning of 2017 and it's never fallen or had any damage. Is the issue the keyboard itself, is there any way to fix this?

:)

choconoe, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    One single Key isn't working across multiple keyboards

Hi Belabeier,

There are multiple reasons why the issue has occurred, to isolate this matter properly, we have some questions for
    you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update from your PC
      manufacturer's website?

• Aside from what you have mentioned, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices
    Troubleshooter
    and post
    us the screenshot
    of the
    diagnostic
    result
    of the
    troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting and hit Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Clink on
      Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple keys are not working all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Multiple keys are

2. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe: I bought a new set of RAM about 3 months ago, since I kept getting BSODs relating to my RAM back then, but now I am having these other BSODs that also seem to relate to RAM. I'd like to think that I am missing something here since I doubt I managed to run through 2 different...
  3. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe: I bought a new set of RAM about 3 months ago, since I kept getting BSODs relating to my RAM back then, but now I am having these other BSODs that also seem to relate to RAM. I'd like to think that I am missing something here since I doubt I managed to run through 2 different...
  4. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works: So I sometimes use a cheat program in games I play just for fun and like to cut out dumb amounts of farming in most games and usually a lot of the cheats are set up already to use Shift + NumPad 1, 2, 3, etc. and it always worked fine I think I have been using it for over a...
  6. Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works: So I sometimes use a cheat program in games I play just for fun and like to cut out dumb amounts of farming in most games and usually a lot of the cheats are set up already to use Shift + NumPad 1, 2, 3, etc. and it always worked fine I think I have been using it for over a...
  7. Bluetooth is not working all of a sudden...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not working all of a sudden...: Hi, earlier today I turned on my PC and my wireless headphones but they wouldn't connect. I went to settings and found that Bluetooth was not working and apparently was not compatible with my computer, which it had been for since I got it back in December 2020. [ATTACH] I...
  8. Hibernate not working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate not working all of a sudden: Usually I press the sleep button on my Logitech wireless keyboard, after which my writes its memory state to the HD and goes to sleep. But since yesterday that is changed. I looked on the internet, and found out that a powercfg.exe /hibernate on in a Command Prompt Admin...
  9. Multiple key works as the ESC key

Multiple key works as the ESC key: My laptop's inbuilt keyboard's multiple key works as ESC key. And it happens automatically. Normally the keys are fine they do their job but after a certain period of time some key will automatically trigger as the ESC key specially CTRL, S, B, N, M. Before pressing space-bar...
  10. F5 key suddenly not working

F5 key suddenly not working: So.. I got a curios problem. My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it? I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard. When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mutipe eys not woring

2. only a few keys work on my keyboard all of a sudden