Windows 10: Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, This is my first time posting, so I'm sorry for any formatting issues. The other night, I was working on a school project on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TrentenHiggins, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, so I'm sorry for any formatting issues.

The other night, I was working on a school project on my desktop (running Windows 10), and everything seemed fine. The next day, I turn on my PC, login, and click on the Desktop when my mouse begins continuously drifting to the right.

At first, I thought perhaps my mouse driver was outdated (Razer Deathadder Elite). Checked, and nothing. So then I tried to test a different mouse (some cheap wireless mouse to see if maybe the cord of my regular mouse had gotten chewed up by my cat. Click the desktop, and the same thing happened.

So my next guess based off of reading forums was that perhaps I caught a virus. I found it unlikely due to the fact that I mostly use my PC for school work and gaming. Anyway, ran a Windows full scan and it turned up nothing. Downloaded AVG, same results.

There are a couple ways that I've found that stop the cursor from drifting. For one, anytime I click on the Task Manager window, I have full control of the mouse UNTIL I click out of the window. The other way I've found is when I'm in the VMWare application. In a linux VM, I have complete and regular control of my mouse.

Anyone got any tips?

:)

TrentenHiggins, Apr 23, 2019

2. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, so I'm sorry for any formatting issues.

The other night, I was working on a school project on my desktop (running Windows 10), and everything seemed fine. The next day, I turn on my PC, login, and click on the Desktop when my mouse begins continuously drifting to the right.

At first, I thought perhaps my mouse driver was outdated (Razer Deathadder Elite). Checked, and nothing. So then I tried to test a different mouse (some cheap wireless mouse to see if maybe the cord of my regular mouse had gotten chewed up by my cat. Click
    the desktop, and the same thing happened.

So my next guess based off of reading forums was that perhaps I caught a virus. I found it unlikely due to the fact that I mostly use my PC for school work and gaming. Anyway, ran a Windows full scan and it turned up nothing. Downloaded AVG, same results.

There are a couple ways that I've found that stop the cursor from drifting. For one, anytime I click on the Task Manager window, I have full control of the mouse UNTIL I click out of the window. The other way I've found is when I'm in the VMWare application.
    In a linux VM, I have complete and regular control of my mouse.

Anyone got any tips?

TrentenHiggins, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Hi,

If you are running VMWare inside Windows then that could be the cause. Such as it is not fully releasing the mouse.

Try the Clean Boot method to see if a startup program is involved - if so it is a

process of elimination :

Right Click the start button - Command Prompt (Admin) OR Windows PowerShell (Admin) - at the prompt type in

MSCONFIG

and hit enter

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Other programs to help :

Autoruns - Free - See what programs are configured to startup automatically

when your system boots and you login. Autoruns also shows you the full list

of Registry and file locations where applications can configure auto-start settings.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Process Explorer - Free - Find out what files, registry keys and other objects

processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more. This uniquely

powerful utility will even show you who owns each process.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Process Monitor - Free - an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities,
    Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol
    support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Hi, TrentenHiggins

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

I recommend using SFC

The System File Checker tool built into Windows can scan your Windows system files for corruption or any other changes. If a file has been modified, it will automatically replace that file with the correct version. Here’s how to use it.

Press the Start key and type the word CMD, right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator, enter the following commands one by one followed by the Enter key:

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

•- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

•- sfc /scannow

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

1. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Mice Resulting

2. keyboard drift?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard drift?: please help i just got this laptop the 11th of last month and the wasd keys are acting as if sticky keys is on, ive already tried spamming wasd+FN it does work but it keeps coming back every couple of hours...
  3. Cursor speed setting per multiple mice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor speed setting per multiple mice: I have a laptop that I carry between office and home.At office I have monitor and mouse and I plug in the laptop and workAt home I have another monitor and another mouse and I plug in the laptop and work.When at home the mouse cursor speed is OK and I take the laptop to the...
  4. Cursor speed setting per multiple mice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor speed setting per multiple mice: I have a laptop that I carry between office and home.At office I have monitor and mouse and I plug in the laptop and workAt home I have another monitor and another mouse and I plug in the laptop and work.When at home the mouse cursor speed is OK and I take the laptop to the...
  5. Cursor speed setting per multiple mice

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Multiple mouse problems with multiple mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple mouse problems with multiple mice: First let me say these problems are somewhat intermittent. At least they started out that way but have become pretty much become full time. Problems started on a regular dongle type wireless mouse, USB mouse worked fine so I replaced the wireless with a Bluetooth mouse, which...
  7. Multiple mice will move but won't click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple mice will move but won't click: Greetings, I found this issue this morning. While playing an online game. All of a sudden a couldn't click on anything. The would move though. Disabled recently updated addons - no change. Then I found the issue outside of the game. I discovered I could ctl-alt-del...
  8. Cursor Drift

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Drift: Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10? I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift upwards. Have tried many online so called "Cures" but so far nothing has worked. It's at it's worst when I am playing...
  9. Drifting cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Drifting cursor: Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a mind of his own, it tends to move in any direction at random and if I am in Explorer, at times, it transfers files from one...
  10. Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding: When I right click in certain areas on my computer, I get a Not Responding error. This happens with my mouse and trackpad when I right click, so it's my computer and not mouse. For example: Applies to: - Desktop folders/icons/files. When my desktop stops responding, it...