Windows 10: Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number

Discus and support Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi team, I'm about to setup a 3-4 computer workstation using Microsoft Mouse Without Boarders to team them together, but I want each computer to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlP73, Nov 10, 2020.

1. CarlP73 Win User

Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number

Hi team, I'm about to setup a 3-4 computer workstation using Microsoft Mouse Without Boarders to team them together, but I want each computer to be able to login with MFA.
    Is there a limit to the amount of computers I can use with a Microsoft Account at the same time?

I haven't used the Microsoft Account before, but I'm looking to simplify rebuilding my computers.

Thanks

Carl

:)

CarlP73, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-sign-options

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

4. Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number

Windows 10 Can't Login to Microsoft Account

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to try signing in to account.live.com on another device and verify the account is in a good state.

Step 2:

Login in to another user account and try logging in to Windows Store and check.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform an automatic repair on your computer and check if it helps.

If you need an installation media, I suggest you to download and create the installation media using the follow Microsoft link, which contains the Windows 10 ISO file.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Method 1: Automatic Repair.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number

1. Multiple Microsoft Account logins to Windows 10 with 1 MFA phone number - Similar Threads - Multiple Microsoft Account

2. Is 1-877-801-5482 a Microsoft phone number?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is 1-877-801-5482 a Microsoft phone number?: Is 1-877-801-5482 a Microsoft phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-1-877-801-5482-a-microsoft-phone-number/d5ca394b-c311-4ff9-90b9-2f48dac905a9
  3. Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA: My colleague and I have set up a Windows 11 machine for purposes of software testing. To enable full control over the computer configuration, it is set up locally, i.e. kept outside the company domain with a single local password-protected account. We and other colleagues...
  4. Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA: My colleague and I have set up a Windows 11 machine for purposes of software testing. To enable full control over the computer configuration, it is set up locally, i.e. kept outside the company domain with a single local password-protected account. We and other colleagues...
  5. MFA connected to old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  6. MFA connected to old phone number

MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  7. Is the phone number 1-888-320-4046 is a valid Microsoft number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the phone number 1-888-320-4046 is a valid Microsoft number?: Please let me know if it is a valid number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-phone-number-1-888-320-4046-is-a-valid/e1768790-1ccc-411a-8acd-7fde75b04da1
  8. Is the phone number 1-888-320-4046 is a valid Microsoft number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the phone number 1-888-320-4046 is a valid Microsoft number?: Please let me know if it is a valid number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-phone-number-1-888-320-4046-is-a-valid/e1768790-1ccc-411a-8acd-7fde75b04da1
  9. Is the phone number 1-888-320-4046 is a valid Microsoft number?

10. Microsoft account and phone number linked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account and phone number linked: Hi all, If I start to use a Microsoft account in Windows 10, so I can use better the store and all the option related to it, but someone steal my pc and steal my telephone card, this "someone" could have access to my Windows 10 by using my mobile number recovering my...