Windows 10: Multiple Monitor backgrounds

Discus and support Multiple Monitor backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Earlier today I encountered an issue. I had 2 different backgrounds set for my 2 monitors. I went to change 1 of them to an 8k image and I assume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GotchaNexus, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Multiple Monitor backgrounds

Hi,

Earlier today I encountered an issue.
    I had 2 different backgrounds set for my 2 monitors. I went to change 1 of them to an 8k image and I assume windows didn't like that as it changed both backgrounds to a solid black colour then froze the settings window. I couldn't click anything. I did a computer restart and then went back to change my backgrounds where I found I could change it from solid colour to picture however, I could only set 1 image and it would be on both monitors rather than set 1 for 1 monitor and set another for the other monitor. Please can i get some help.

Windows build 2004

OS build 19041.388

:)

GotchaNexus, Sep 29, 2020

2. How can I change the background image individually to 6 monitors in Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to customize desktop background for multiple display on Windows 10 is hidden on the modern interface of the display settings. To open the old interface to customize your desktop background, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key to open the run command window.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below to open the old Desktop Background
      interface window:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    • Under the Choose your desktop background option, right-click on the image that you wish to set on the desired monitor.
    • Select the Set for monitor 1 to set it on your 1st display.
    • Repeat the steps to set your background for other monitors.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 29, 2020
  3. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Multiple Monitor backgrounds

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Monitor backgrounds

1. Multiple Monitor backgrounds - Similar Threads - Multiple Monitor backgrounds

2. Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates: Hi, I run three monitors on my Windows 11 desktop PC, and all three have different images as their backgrounds. However, every single time my graphics drivers update whether from Windows Update or AMD Adrenaline; seems to make no difference and be triggered by either, all...
  3. Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates: Hi, I run three monitors on my Windows 11 desktop PC, and all three have different images as their backgrounds. However, every single time my graphics drivers update whether from Windows Update or AMD Adrenaline; seems to make no difference and be triggered by either, all...
  4. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  5. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  6. Multiple monitor desktop background help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitor desktop background help.: Hi, I was hoping somebody knows how to set this up. I have two curved monitors on my desk. And then I have another monitor and a sketch tablet on another desk facing a different direction, they are all hooked up to the same machine. So 4 displays total. The two curved...
  7. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  8. Multiple backgrounds

Multiple backgrounds: How do i set 2 different backgrounds on win 10 without activating windows submitted by /u/TakenSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp1hy3/multiple_backgrounds/
  9. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....
  10. Background when using only laptop vs. multiple monitors

Background when using only laptop vs. multiple monitors: Hey folks. I was wondering if there was a way to have one desktop background that is the default when my laptop is being used on its own, and as soon as you plug in an external monitor, it automatically uses another background. I have a 3-screen setup that I use at home that...