Windows 10: multiple monitor HP S2031

Discus and support multiple monitor HP S2031 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had a second monitor HP S2031 that worked well for several years with windows 10. After an up grade of windows 10 it cannot maintain a display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethDowning1, Dec 19, 2019.

1. multiple monitor HP S2031

I've had a second monitor HP S2031 that worked well for several years with windows 10. After an up grade of windows 10 it cannot maintain a display. It will power on then go black after a second or two. My computer recognizes it and will send all display to it if it is attached but it's just a black screen so I can't see or respond to anything if it is connected to the pc, even if the monitor is turned off. If I restart the computer the monitor seems to work fine until I touch a key then it immediately goes black. If I Win+P I can select 1 display only and all things say the monitor is working correctly but it isn't and if I select extended or second screen only the problem continues. I can connect it to another computer that does not have the latest windows update and it works fine. Does anyone have a suggestion besides buying another monitor? Or getting a better OS?

:)

KennethDowning1, Dec 19, 2019

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 19, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Rolls Out Trio of Value Widescreen Monitors

HP released three new value widescreen monitors for home/office users, the 20-inch S2031, 21.5-inch S2231 and 23-inch S2331. While the S2031 has a resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels, the S2231 and S2331 are full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) compliant. All three models feature the same dynamic contrast ratio of 15,000:1, and response time of 5 ms, and display connectivity that includes DVI and D-Sub. The S2031 has a maximum brightness of 250 cd/m², while for the S2231 and S2331 it is 300 cd/m². The three are priced at US $150, $175, and $220, respectively.

multiple monitor HP S2031 23a_thm.jpg

Source: Daily Electronic

btarunr, Dec 19, 2019
  4. multiple monitor HP S2031

Windows 10 is not recognizing my second monitor which is a HP vs19e.

Hi Allen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + Q”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to refer to the below link and check:

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors
    (the link also applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful. Keep us posted with the updated status to assist you further. We’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

multiple monitor HP S2031

1. multiple monitor HP S2031 - Similar Threads - multiple monitor S2031

2. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: Hi,I replaced my second monitor this week. It will only duplicate the laptop screen; it will not extend.In display they show up as one monitor and windows does not detect the new monitor. I've run the windows update and checked the one video adaptor driver that's listed. I...
  3. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on displays 2 and 3 or all at once....
  4. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors: I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on displays 2 and 3 or all at once....
  5. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  6. Multiple Monitors

Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  7. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple monitors: I got two monitors. How do i enable them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/266e1640-3230-43d6-b113-f66dbb19b97d
  8. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  9. Multiple monitors

Multiple monitors: Can do I set up 2 external monitors on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/69e805c9-758f-485d-a74b-e316dddb9b8d
  10. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors: Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run Netflix app, etc. 14378