Windows 10: Multiple Monitor Issue

Discus and support Multiple Monitor Issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have 4 identical monitors connected (Dell E1913). 3 of the 4 have settings: Desktop Resolution = 1440 x 900 Active signal resolution = 1440 x 900... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cmarner, Oct 27, 2019.

1. cmarner Win User

Multiple Monitor Issue

I have 4 identical monitors connected (Dell E1913). 3 of the 4 have settings:

Desktop Resolution = 1440 x 900
    Active signal resolution = 1440 x 900
    Refresh rate (Hz) = 60 Hz
    Bit depth = 8-bit
    Color format = RBS
    Color space = Standard dynamic range (SDR)

and yet...the 4th monitor will not allow the above settings and screen is blurry! The settings on the 4th monitor are:

Desktop Resolution = 800 x 600
    Active signal resolution = 800 x 600
    Refresh rate (Hz) = 60 Hz
    Bit depth = 8-bit
    Color format = RBS
    Color space = Standard dynamic range (SDR)

When I attempt to go into settings to change from 800 x 600 to 1440 x 900, the boxes are grayed out and will not allow me to change!

Previously all four monitors worked find until the other day. Can anyone give me some tips as to how I can change the 4th monitor? Thank you in advance.

:)

cmarner, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 issue with multiple monitors and KVM

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the settings not configured properly, I would suggest you refer to the below link and try the steps mentioned in help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Restore window issue in Window 10 1903 when extra Monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information:

• Is the issue specific to DBeaver or does it happen on all the applications?

The issue could probably be because of the secondary monitor not having its own taskbar. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the Taskbar on your primary monitor and choose Taskbar Settings.
    • Enable Show Taskbar on all the displays under
      Multiple Displays,
      and exit Settings.
    • Now, try restoring a minimized window to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Multiple Monitor Issue

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Multiple Monitor Issue

1. Multiple Monitor Issue - Similar Threads - Multiple Monitor Issue

2. Multiple Monitor Setup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitor Setup Issue: Trying to set up a ROKU TV to be a second display-only monitor on Windows 11. My primary monitor is connected to HDMI-1. Connected the ROKU TV to HDMI-2 on the PC. When setting this up, I accidentally chose "Display on 2 only" option. Now, my primary monitor works fine until...
  3. multiple monitor issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple monitor issues: Hi allI ask the following with my hand on my heart , Please if you have not actually encountered the issue or actively resolved it , please do NOT answer . A pointless link is useless to me . I know its answered with the best of intentions but please rather don't do it . Even...
  4. multiple monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple monitor issues: Hi allI ask the following with my hand on my heart , Please if you have not actually encountered the issue or actively resolved it , please do NOT answer . A pointless link is useless to me . I know its answered with the best of intentions but please rather don't do it . Even...
  5. multiple monitor issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple Monitor Issues

Multiple Monitor Issues: I have a newer Dell laptop w/ 4x USB-C ports on it.I am attempting to use the following 3 monitor setup:Monitor 1: Dell "Teams" Monitor CenterMonitor 2: Dell 27" LeftMonitor 3: Dell 27" RightI am running a dedicated HDMI cable to each monitor using 3 of 4 USB-C ports on my...
  7. Multiple monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitor issue: I recently had to replace my hard drive. I have been using multiple screens 2 and my desktop showed 3 monitors in 'display' I only had 2 & my office told me to delete one. did that, now nothing is coming up when I plug in my 2nd monitor. Can't get settings to stay up to...
  8. Multiple Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Monitor Issue: I have 4 identical monitors connected (Dell E1913). 3 of the 4 have settings: Desktop Resolution = 1440 x 900 Active signal resolution = 1440 x 900 Refresh rate (Hz) = 60 Hz Bit depth = 8-bit Color format = RBS Color space = Standard dynamic range (SDR) and yet...the 4th...
  9. Multiple Monitor Issues

Multiple Monitor Issues: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...
  10. Multiple Monitor issue with KVM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitor issue with KVM: My config: I have a personal laptop and a work laptop. I use the built in LCD screens on the laptops as the main screen for each. I also have an external monitor that I share between the two laptops with a KVM switch. So, whichever computer is selected by the KVM has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update lost multiple monitors