Windows 10: Multiple monitor resolution problem

Discus and support Multiple monitor resolution problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two monitors with different resolution. The first one is 1366x768 laptop, which is set to 100% scaling, the second one is an external 4000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Antonio Wright, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Multiple monitor resolution problem

I have two monitors with different resolution. The first one is 1366x768 laptop, which is set to 100% scaling, the second one is an external 4000 monitor set to 150%. The problem occurs when I open or move the correctly opened dialogue box from the external monitor to the laptop screen, because it is scaled to 150%. I cannot find any fix for this problem.

:)

Antonio Wright, Feb 4, 2019

2. Ongoing Resolution Issues With Multiple Monitors

Hello,

I am looking for help, as I have been having some resolution issues with my extended monitors for quite some time. There are a large number of problems that range from BSODing shortly after re-connecting my docked monitors on a regular basis to having constant
    annoyances with sizes on screen. I have tried and searched for hours and attempted every applicable resolution, but I haven't found a correct solution.

Problems

• Refer to this gallery for images citing the specific resolution issues (apologies for the compressed/poor quality): Resolution Issues
    • BSOD after re-connecting my laptop to either docks (takes about 15-20 minutes and gives multiple error messages)
    • Very inconsistent font sizes and sizes associated with Windows and file explorer
    • Applications, both DPI-aware and non-DPI aware, have scaling issues

Things I have tried:

• Updated drivers, BIOS, firmware, software, etc.
    • Ran the various Windows commands to check for errors (sfc /scannow, dism, etc.)
    • Swapped wires and re-seated connections
    • Adjusted refresh rate on external monitors to 59 and 60 hz
    • Adjusted resolution on primary monitor to 1920x1080 to match both external monitors (while this is an undesirable solution, it did help some problems and helped address many of the sizing problems, especially with file explorer)
    • Used custom scaling instead of standard resolutions
    • Installed Samsung drivers for monitors
    • Reset the monitors to default settings
    • As an aside, the resolution problems disappear entirely on the external monitors if I set them to mirror the primary monitor. However, as soon as I extend the display, the resolution problems appear. I do not want to mirror my monitors,
      but I don't understand why a mirror would correct the problems.

Hardware/Specs:

• Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop
    • Primary Monitor: 3840x2160 (also 1920x1080)
    • Two Secondary External Monitors: Samsung S27E510 (1920x1080)
    • OS: Windows 10 Version 1607 - I have had the same problems with multiple builds. I also had the same problems on Version 1511.
    • Dock 1: USB-C hub to allow for a second HDMI external monitor, in addition to the other secondary HDMI external monitor, which is connected directly to the laptop
    • Dock 2: Thunderbolt TB-15 (this was installed a few months after using the USB-C hub, but did not change any of the issues)
    • Video Card/Drivers: Intel HD 530 (Dell Firmware - 20.19.15.4483) and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (Driver - 21.21.13.757) - the NVIDIA driver was disabled, which helped improve some of the problems, but not all of them.

S_Johnson88, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Multiple monitor resolution problem

Ongoing Resolution Issues With Multiple Monitors

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
    We also suggest that you check the resolution provided by Harshavardhan Rathod to fix issues with dual monitor in Windows 10 on this

link

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Multiple monitor resolution problem

1. Multiple monitor resolution problem - Similar Threads - Multiple monitor resolution

2. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  3. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  4. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple monitor problems

Multiple monitor problems: I have three monitors installed on my pc. One of them died but my pc still recognized it. When I unplug it from the computer, the cursor on my main monitor must swipe to the wrong side to get to my second. I've tried rearranging the icons in settings, uninstalling the dead...
  6. Monitor resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor resolution problem: Hi After installing a new computer/windows 10 pro, I have an issue with my monitor and its resolution. With my previous computer I had 1920x1080, with the new computer, the default was on 1024x768 with only 3 lower resolution options. After playing with the adapter...
  7. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  8. Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors

Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors: When I connect my three monitors to my PC, one of them becomes standalone, while the other two basically become one large monitor. I don't know why it is doing this. I want each monitor to be it's own screen, not a shared screen. This is what it looks like on my display...
  9. how to set resolution on multiple monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set resolution on multiple monitor display: I have multiple monitors and had difficulty in setting resolution to be the same when I am in extended view. what is the sequence of steps to accomplish this in Windows 10...
  10. Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues: At work I use 3 physical vertical monitors and I use an application which takes screenshots of every minute each day. I need to review these screenshots later and would like to do this at home, however I only have a laptop at home and this makes things difficult. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 resolution problem