Windows 10: Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

Discus and support Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cameron Bennett1, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using each monitor in an extended manor. There was a power flicker and since that time, all three monitors are now acting as if they are a single very large monitor. I can't change the Display Settings as I get the following error message:“The Display settings can’t be changed from a remote session”Is there a way to access the settings and get things back as they should be

:)

Cameron Bennett1, Mar 20, 2023

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Andre for Directly, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

1. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch - Similar Threads - Multiple monitor setup

2. Multiple Monitor Setup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Monitor Setup Issue: Trying to set up a ROKU TV to be a second display-only monitor on Windows 11. My primary monitor is connected to HDMI-1. Connected the ROKU TV to HDMI-2 on the PC. When setting this up, I accidentally chose "Display on 2 only" option. Now, my primary monitor works fine until...
  3. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch: I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using each monitor in an extended manor. There was a power flicker and since that time, all three monitors are now acting as if they...
  4. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch: I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using each monitor in an extended manor. There was a power flicker and since that time, all three monitors are now acting as if they...
  5. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.: In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle display 1 c Monitor 2 is on the right display 2. Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.I would like to...
  6. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.: In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle display 1 c Monitor 2 is on the right display 2. Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.I would like to...
  7. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  9. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  10. Multiple Monitor setup not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Monitor setup not working: Hi, I have a frustrating problem with windows and a new laptop running multiple monitors. I have 2 monitors that I would like to run, both are WQHD standard and happy to run at 2560x1440 resolution - a Samsung LC32JG50 and a Iiyama E2783QSU The new laptop is for work, and...