Windows 10: Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

Discus and support Multiple Monitor / TV as primary in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I use a tv as my primary monitor, but coming out of hibernate (with other monitors off) my windows often migrate to one of my powered-off displays.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrayscaleUnicorn, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

So I use a tv as my primary monitor, but coming out of hibernate (with other monitors off) my windows often migrate to one of my powered-off displays. Any suggestions for constraining this kind of behavior from the OS?

submitted by /u/GrayscaleUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrayscaleUnicorn, Feb 25, 2021

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Feb 25, 2021
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen.
    No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In.

The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display

When VGA is connected to Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter
    to TV, monitor screen goes black with no source signal showing. VGA No Signal"
    message means my monitor is working okay but is not getting a signal from my
    computer. This is expected since my monitor is DVI connected to computer HDMI port not a VGA port.

Now when the VGA cable is disconnected, the pc monitor
    screen is display. The problem is I can't reset display
    with a black monitor screen with no source signal. IF I click on detect, computer is not detecting the TV. No squre 1 and 2 is shown. I'm able to watch TV with a black pc monitor screen and sound coming from PC.

I think this what happen: Since the computer was coneccted to TV while being reset and installing Windows 10 it was formatted as the primary display. I did to undo this setting

Before resetting my computer and updating Windows 10, I was able to connect computer to TV.
    I was able to go to display settings menu. Click on Detect. which told the computer to look for the TV I was connected to. There
    were two squares, labeled 1 and 2, in the display settings window. Computer detected my TV.
    Display 1-TV, Display 2- monitor. I selected 2/1. I was able to watch everything on the TV with the sound coming from the computer. The only issue I had was no sound from TV. Reason:
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Control window logo +P shows project: extend, duplicate etc.

The Radeon setting it shows : Display 1 spec(hp 2011, dvi-d(AMD Radeon (tm) r4 graphics))

monitor connection: DVI with HDMI connected to tower

VGA from computer tower to converter, HDMI from converter to TV

TV input: HDMI

How can I reset display options? Do I need to reinstall Windows 10? Will Windows 10 fix the problem?

***Modified title from: TV primary display***

Rooben Kajima, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

Cant set TV as my Primary Monitor

Original title: Monitor Switch

Alright so I have just set up a TV and I want it to be my primary monitor (The TV brand is SEIKI.) but no matter what I do, it sets it as the secondary monitor. I have tried switching cables but it sets it up as secondary.

Now I might know that the problem is that it is a TV, but I need to change it because of how I have everything set up.

Mikel-(TwistedSC), Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

1. Multiple Monitor / TV as primary - Similar Threads - Multiple Monitor primary

2. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  3. 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor): submitted by /u/Jesyx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbzx73/movies_and_tv_app_displays_footage_really_bright/
  4. Taskbar on Multiple Monitors - Can I put the System Tray on the primary monitor while the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar on Multiple Monitors - Can I put the System Tray on the primary monitor while the...: I need the System Tray, or at least the majority of the icons from it, to be on my primary monitor and the Show Desktop button to be on my secondary monitor. I would not mind if each were on both simultaneously, or just separate, but I can't figure out a way to do either....
  5. Icons to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons to primary monitor: I added a monitor to my tv/monitor for a dual screen setup. Windows automatically made the pc monitor the main screen and moved all my icons there. I want the tv as main so I changed it and the icons moved automatically. I decided I didn't like the tv as the main and once...
  6. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  7. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  8. TV primary display

TV primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  9. Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues: At work I use 3 physical vertical monitors and I use an application which takes screenshots of every minute each day. I need to review these screenshots later and would like to do this at home, however I only have a laptop at home and this makes things difficult. I...
  10. HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.: Hello, I have been searching all over for the following problem: I have a normal dekstop-pc setup with a 24" monitor hooked up to the graphics card with a DVI cable. To be able to watch a movie on a bigger screen, I hooked up a standard 40" TV to the graphics card via...