Windows 10: Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

Discus and support Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors in extended desktop mode and each one has a different wallpaper. I saved them as a theme but after a little while, they seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by celinedrules, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

I have 2 monitors in extended desktop mode and each one has a different wallpaper. I saved them as a theme but after a little while, they seem to switch witch screen they are on (monitor 1's wallpaper goes to monitor 2 and monitor 2's wallpaper goes to monitor 1). If I go back and reselect my theme, nothing happens so I have to select a different one and then reselect my theme for it to go back the way it should be. After a little while they get messed up again.

:)

celinedrules, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 10, 2015
  3. SimpleMindz, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

Hello celinedrules :
    Welcome to the forums! *Smile

Right click on Start and choose 'Run',
    enter this command control desk.cpl,,@background and click OK,
    then in the window that appears, select your source for images then select images individually,
    right click on them and assign each one to a certain monitor:

Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 10, 2015
  5. This seemed to have worked. Thanks!

celinedrules, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

1. Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching - Similar Threads - Multiple monitor wallpaper

2. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  3. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  4. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  5. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  6. My monitors keeps switching to the wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitors keeps switching to the wrong monitor: Hi i have tow monitors one is an lcd with dvi going to the graphics card and the other is an old crt one withe vga and i convert it to hdmi and its connected to the graphics card too the main one is the dvi when the system start the main one starts normaly and i can use it...
  7. Dual Monitor Wallpaper Keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Wallpaper Keeps Changing: So I have a dual monitor display setup. An LG Ultragear 1440 landscape and my secondary monitor LG Ultragear 1080p vertical. I want to have different wallpapers on each monitor. For whatever reason my primary monitor will change the wallpaper to the same wallpaper as the...
  8. my wallpapers on my dual monitor keep switching.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my wallpapers on my dual monitor keep switching.: [ATTACH] i know this has been asked before, and there are solutions, but its seriously pissing me off because none of the solutions work for me. i have two monitors i use to write code, and i want 2 separate wallpapers for them. sometimes the wallpaper on monitor 2 will...
  9. How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers.

How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers.: Some time ago, back before one of the updates we just went through with Win 10, I had everything working as I wanted it to, as far as my wallpapers go. I have been using 3 monitors for quite a bit, and when I originally set my wallpapers to "slideshow" and using the "shuffle"...
  10. Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors

Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors: Hi, I can't seem to select a different wallpaper for different monitors. When I right click on an image it only shows the following: [img] Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks! 41192