Windows 10: Multiple monitors - change fix its number?

Discus and support Multiple monitors - change fix its number? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I need to change the physical number of my monitors. I have 3 different monitors different sizes and connections connected to my machine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anorak2, Apr 18, 2020.

1. anorak2 Win User

Multiple monitors - change fix its number?

Hello.

I need to change the physical number of my monitors.

I have 3 different monitors different sizes and connections connected to my machine.

I cannot move the monitors to different positions. desk space limitations

Currently they are identifying 3 - 2 - 1

I need to change that to 1 - 2 - 3.

If i disconnect monitors 2 and 3, then the monitor on my left becomes no 1

But if i then connect monitor 2 or 3, it demotes the left monitor.

Ideas?

Ta

Andy..

:)

anorak2, Apr 18, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Full screen with multiple monitors

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to get Windows 10 full screen / maximize to span multiple monitors rather than just one monitor.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Press Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the
    P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options

o PC Screen Only

o Duplicate

o Extend

o Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

• Close all open programs.
    • Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings.
    • Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select
      Duplicate these displays
      or Extend these displays or
      Show only on 1
      or Show only on 2.

If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

• Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Multiple monitors - change fix its number?

Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Multiple monitors - change fix its number?

1. Multiple monitors - change fix its number? - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors change

2. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  3. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  4. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change numbered order of monitors: Hi all,I've been trying to find a way to change the numbered order of my two monitors for an hour now and I can't find any solutions. To make things clear, I'm NOT looking to change the primary display - that's simple, easy, and I can do that. The problem is that my primary...
  6. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change numbered order of monitors: Hi all,I've been trying to find a way to change the numbered order of my two monitors for an hour now and I can't find any solutions. To make things clear, I'm NOT looking to change the primary display - that's simple, easy, and I can do that. The problem is that my primary...
  7. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change Monitor number and make it default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor number and make it default: I recently added a second monitor. Now when I access certain programs it appears on the new monitor EVEN THOUGH THAT MONITOR IS TURNED OFF!. How do I let me know to use the active monitor? FTI I also have Displayfusion installed - - - Updated - - - I recently added a...
  9. Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?: Hi everyone I use a dual monitor setup one for gaming and one 12bit hdr panel for productivity. Usually my gaming monitor would be on the right but I've switched the monitors around as I get about 60 fps on all my games anyway so I'd prefer to play them with colour accuracy...
  10. Changing number labels for monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing number labels for monitors: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right. [ATTACH] This is very...