Windows 10: Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

Discus and support Multiple monitors connected to a laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,Because my work issued laptop is a 12 inch display, I want to connect 2 monitors to it. I purchased a HDMI display splitter, but the 2 monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BDUB64, Jun 16, 2021.

1. BDUB64 Win User

Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

Hello,Because my work issued laptop is a 12 inch display, I want to connect 2 monitors to it. I purchased a HDMI display splitter, but the 2 monitors are displaying the same screen. I want one monitor to show what is on the laptop. My laptop only has one HDMI port and the USB ports are used for my headset, wireless mouse and keyboard. Help!

:)

BDUB64, Jun 16, 2021

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Cbowers3 Win User
    Laptop screen will only work once it has been connected to an external monitor, even if that monitor is switched off

Having an issue whereby I cannot see or use the Laptop screen without first plugging it into an external monitor.

• Upon Windows startup unconnected to any external monitor

• DELL opening logo can be seen on Laptop screen

• Screen goes black with backlight

• Mouse pointer can be seen onscreen if moved to the right, as though a second monitor is connected on the left hand side.

• Attempting to press enter and type in password in the correct order as though the screen was functional does not do anything

• Upon connecting to an external monitor (even if switched off)

• Laptop screen will suddenly appear, all functionality restored

• Upon disconnecting again from external monitor

• Laptop screen remains visible and functional

• Lock screen /unlock screen no problem

• Upon shutting and opening the laptop lid

• Screen black with backlight, same results as windows startup, mouse pointer can be seen and moved as though a second screen is connected on the left

• No functionality until reconnected, even for a second, with an external monitor.

Troubleshooting:

• Restarting multiple times, checking multiple display screen is not activated:

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum
    category.***

Cbowers3, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

Image on a second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using another monitor with your laptop.

I would like to know some information.

• What are you connecting to your laptop is it a TV or Monitor?

• Is it a Wireless connection or through HDMI cables?

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Holds Good for Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

1. Multiple monitors connected to a laptop - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors connected

2. Monitor / Laptop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor / Laptop Connection: Hi,I have Windows 10 on a new Asus VivoBook15 laptop with Intel Core i5 and iRISxe graphics. Monitor is HP ultraslim technicolour 24"Each time my laptop goes into screensarver mode the connection to the monitor is lost - I have to remove and reinstall my HDMI cable to restore...
  3. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  4. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  5. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors: For a long time, I just had one external monitor connected to my Windows 10 laptop. When I got a second external monitor, my PC was not detecting it. I could not see it in the settings. All the monitor was doing was duplicating what was happening on my first external monitor....
  7. MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING

MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING: TRYING TO CONNECT MY hp 21kd TO my hp laptop with a wire I go to start >settings>system>display then the only option is search for a wireless monitor which it never finds help please...
  8. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station: I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work...
  9. Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors

Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors: When I connect my three monitors to my PC, one of them becomes standalone, while the other two basically become one large monitor. I don't know why it is doing this. I want each monitor to be it's own screen, not a shared screen. This is what it looks like on my display...
  10. Connecting multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting multiple monitors: How can I connect 2 additional monitors to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-multiple-monitors/0d49605f-1f19-4071-ab95-082d37038a0e