Windows 10: Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected

Discus and support Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; 9k7GBSVGXi8 I really don't know how better to describe it then the video, but it seems that when it's just a static image there is no issue, but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FuturDreamz, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected

[youtube]9k7GBSVGXi8[/youtube]
    I really don't know how better to describe it then the video, but it seems that when it's just a static image there is no issue, but as soon as there is significant motion (such as moving windows around or playing a video) things become all nasty looking, as if a card was failing or something. But I have zero issues when just one display - either display, and if I hook each display to their own card it works (but I have to disable Crossfire)

Videocards are both MSI Gaming R9 290
    Display 1 is 1360x768@60Hz HDMI
    Display 2 is 1280x1024@60Hz DVI (75Hz native, no improvement)
    Issue is present when both displays are connected to the same video card no matter what cables or ports I use.
    When one is connected to a different video card the issue is not present no matter which ports are used, but Crossfire has to be disabled.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jan 18, 2017
  2. VictorJ27 Win User

programs not showing up on screens, possibly on another monitor, but when i check its on all monitors, but still no program!

Try to disconnect both monitors. Then connect the one that should be on the left side, when there is already a video output, try to connect the 2nd monitor.

Then go to settings > system > Display. Under "Customize your display" There are two boxes with numbers 1 and 2. Under it click on "Detect" to make sure it is recognizing both monitors correctly and then "Identify" so that you will know which one is set
    to be the 1st and the second monitor. By default, the monitor on the left is always recognized as the number 1.

"Orientation" should be Landscape and "Multiple Displays" should be Extend this displays. Hit apply. This should be able to correct the display issues.

Hope this helps and cheers!

VictorJ27, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Dual Monitors

Hi,

Running a Lenovo Think pad , Windows 10 Pro with a DisplayLink Plug & Display unit to connect up mouse, keyboard and 2 monitors.

Two monitors are recognized no problem at all and same screen is displayed on both.

I go to try to Extend by right clicking and selecting Display Settings, but there is no options under multiple displays...to extend or anything

It just says:

Connect to a wireless display

Older displays may not.....

Detect

Display Adapter properties

Could it be because I have both monitors going into a VGA Splitter before going into the DisplayLink ?

Help!

HeidiDauth, Jan 18, 2017
  4. Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected

Can I ask, when did this start happening?

When did you last update your graphics drivers?

If you didn't update graphic drivers please look through Window update history and see if your system updated driver.

The amd forums are alive with R9 flickering issues. Drivers, memory frequency etc. Seems V15.5 works and then look out. I won't pretend to tell you I read them all.

Caledon Ken, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Yeah, I've been checking the forums. It seems that the problem is that the minimum memory clock is too low, but I haven't the faintest idea as to how to change that. It works fine connecting each monitor to a different card, and i can manually enable crossfire for the few games that benifit from it, But I think I'll need to try to find a permanent solution for when I try to get a third display hooked up.

FuturDreamz, Jan 18, 2017
  6. Ok what the hell. Three monitors work perfectly. The solution was to add another monitor. That's like the exact opposite of a solution. And it works.

FuturDreamz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected

1. Multiple monitors. Display is glitchy when both are connected - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors Display

2. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected: I am connecting two Dell monitors to my Dell XPS laptop. They have worked fine in the past, but recently they suddenly stopped. Now, when I plug in one or the other, the dual screen works fine. However, when I try to connect both and use all three monitors my laptop screen +...
  3. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected: I am connecting two Dell monitors to my Dell XPS laptop. They have worked fine in the past, but recently they suddenly stopped. Now, when I plug in one or the other, the dual screen works fine. However, when I try to connect both and use all three monitors my laptop screen +...
  4. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. connect multiple monitors

connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  6. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  7. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Display taskbar icons on both monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display taskbar icons on both monitors: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to also display the taskbar icons on my second monitor in extend display mode. As you can see here is my main first monitor [ATTACH] And here is my second monitor[ATTACH] From what I read it's not possible to copy them on the...
  9. Connecting multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting multiple monitors: How can I connect 2 additional monitors to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-multiple-monitors/0d49605f-1f19-4071-ab95-082d37038a0e
  10. Multiple monitor/display setup

Multiple monitor/display setup: I can't find where to set up multiple monitors and how they display/interact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-monitordisplay-setup/d41db74d-36a0-49ae-9d6d-8b0f18810509