Windows 10: Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from

Discus and support Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically, if I launch Firefox using the taskbar on monitor one I want it to open on monitor one, and if I launch it from monitor 2 I want it to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from

Basically, if I launch Firefox using the taskbar on monitor one I want it to open on monitor one, and if I launch it from monitor 2 I want it to open on monitor 2. I don't want it to just default to the previous configuration every time. is that possible? If it's of any help the monitors are each plugged into their own video card, both are AMD R9 290s

:)

FuturDreamz, Jan 9, 2017
  2. mfcabc123 Win User

Snap (double screen)

How can I make my screen snap if I'm using two monitors? It would be nice if I could right click on the menu bar and have a dropdown option to snap when I have two screens open or double screens. Obviously I can't just click and drag to snap the screen as
    you can do with a single monitor screen.

There should be a way to do multiple snap screens with multiple monitors/screens...

That's my suggestion... Thanks,

mfcabc123, Jan 9, 2017
  3. Duplicate App Opens When I Click On Tile

What I've described is not an issue. It is a default behavior Windows 10. Windows 8 did not behave this way. What is want is a method to make it behave like it used to.

IF you are in tablet mode, and you press on a tile from the Start Screen, and that app is already opened, it simply takes you to that app. This is what I want to do.

My desktop has multiple monitors, therefore Windows will not allow tablet mode, only desktop.

When you're in desktop mode, and you click on a tile, and that app is already open, it opens ANOTHER version of the same app. How do I turn this off?

RyanDeegan, Jan 9, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from

Have you downloaded AMD's Crimson software? You should have everything sticking to where it was when you shut down. They should not be changing even if you are not using the Crimson software. It has been an annoyance for a while. I take it that you have even tried swapping which monitor is Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. All display drivers are up to date, along with same resolution on both monitors. Make sure that "Auto Detect" is also disabled on both monitors.

bro67, Jan 9, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jan 9, 2017
  6. That's like the exact opposite of my problem. I said "how do I" and not "why does"

I'll try it out, thanks.

FuturDreamz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from

1. Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors apps

2. Multiple apps not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps not launching: Steam was failing to launch multiple games. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps I can find. Re-installing the games, restoring an old version of windows, turned anti virus off, restarted PC multiple times, full virus and malware scan, finally I uninstalled steam...
  3. Multiple apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple apps not launching: Steam was failing to launch multiple games. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps I can find. Re-installing the games, restoring an old version of windows, turned anti virus off, restarted PC multiple times, full virus and malware scan, finally I uninstalled steam...
  4. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  5. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  6. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?: If i click an app on my right taskbar, it opens on the left, if i click one on the left, it still opens on the left. How do I make it open wherever i click? submitted by /u/SomeCleverName48 [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  9. Opening apps on multiple screens

Opening apps on multiple screens: Hi. Am I missing a setting somewhere where I could set the application to open on the screen where I opened it? The scenario is I’m extending my display, so I have two desktop screens. When I open an app on my second screen, I want the app to open there instead of on the...
  10. App launch location when using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    App launch location when using multiple monitors: Hey Everyone, I use multiple monitors while at work (As I assume most people do now). One quirk I have seen on Windows 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 is how the start menu launches applications. Now that Windows has start menu access on all monitors is there a way to force the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple monitors app open on