Windows 10: Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

Discus and support Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Its 2020 and most users use 2 or more monitors at home or work, however, it becomes frustrating when users cannot do the following 3 actions described... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoelMartinez, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

Its 2020 and most users use 2 or more monitors at home or work, however, it becomes frustrating when users cannot do the following 3 actions described below. I've read thru the different questions/answers and most moderators do not understand what the OP is asking or trying to resolve. I hope my explanation below explains what users have asked and what I've been also running into. Is there a windows setting that addresses this? If not, can this be escalated to a developer to see if it can be implemented on a future update?

Thanks for your time:

In Windows10

1. If I open a program using the start menu lower left of screen icon on my left monitor, I want the program to open in that monitor left monitor.

2. If I open the same program using the start menu lower left of screen icon on my center monitor, I want the program to open in that monitor center monitor.

3. If I open the same program using the start menu lower left of screen icon on my right monitor, I want the program to open in that monitor right monitor.

:)

LoelMartinez, Oct 26, 2020

2. Programs on second hard drive on start menu

Hi. I have a 30GB SSD that contains only Win 7, Chrome, Mediamonkey, and a temp monitor.
    All the other programs are on a hard drive.

How can I make them appear under the program files on start menu and be searchable through the start menu?

Thanks!

squelchy451, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

1. Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu - Similar Threads - Multiple Monitors 2020

2. There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.: Windows Version: Windows 11 22H2When I press the Windows Key and type in an program for example Notepad and then try to start typing nothing happens, so I have to ALT + Tab to the window but then while I type while nothing is selected and the open the start menu again the...
  3. There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.: Windows Version: Windows 11 22H2When I press the Windows Key and type in an program for example Notepad and then try to start typing nothing happens, so I have to ALT + Tab to the window but then while I type while nothing is selected and the open the start menu again the...
  4. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program: I have a portable and an installed instance of the same internet browser, Firefox. I am trying to make Windows register both Firefox instances to the Open With program list in the context menu of the file. The file I'm trying to open is a pdf. When I try to choose the program...
  5. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

"Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program: I have a portable and an installed instance of the same internet browser, Firefox. I am trying to make Windows register both Firefox instances to the Open With program list in the context menu of the file. The file I'm trying to open is a pdf. When I try to choose the program...
  6. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to open some programs/shortcuts from start menu

Unable to open some programs/shortcuts from start menu: Hello, So I've been noticing a common issue with upgrading some of my work place's PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am using the windows media creation tool and for the most part everything goes well during the upgrade, however when I log back into the machine using out...
  8. Start Menu and Programs Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Programs Won't Open: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, it will show starting Word...
  9. Program missing from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Start Menu: I'm running windows 10, build 1607 (work machine, *I* can't update it) A while back, I was trying to create a shortcut to Outlook and accidentally MOVED the shortcut out of the start menu folder. (%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) I've re-added it, but it...
  10. Can't open programs from the start menu

Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...