Windows 10: Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

Discus and support Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FugeYouGoogle, May 31, 2023.

1. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing

:)

FugeYouGoogle, May 31, 2023

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 31, 2023
  3. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.

But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap between the upper right and lower right monitors. It's impossible to get rid of this in the tiny "Rearrange your displays" window:

Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors ca378d58-290c-4f66-954c-381fc1436742?upload=true.png

This isn't often an issue, except that moving the cursor from upper right to lower right monitor (and vice versa) often "hangs" right on the precipice --- I have to re-drag the cursor "forcibly" to get it to make the transition from one screen to the other. There are other occasional indications that there's a gap there in the overall "monitor map"... but I've found no way to "scoot" the monitor position pixel by pixel.

I've found several historical posts on this... none of them have any helpful information. Update your drivers; contact the GPU manufacturer; change your monitor's display settings -- nobody responding really has an understanding of the issue here. This is a position issue inside Windows, and there is no way to reliably move a monitor's relative position 8 pixels north.

Really... there has to be a way mere mortals can fine-tune the monitor positions. Anyone solve this?

Old Desert Lizard, May 31, 2023
  4. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

1. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors keep

2. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  3. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  4. Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different: Windows 11 assumes all monitors have the same DPI, so if I try to line up a 1600x1200 monitor with a 1920x1080 monitor side by side, but the 1080 one is physically larger, things don't match up when I move the mouse cursor across. Is there any way to tell Windows the DPI is...
  5. Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjusting multiple monitor positions when DPI is different: Windows 11 assumes all monitors have the same DPI, so if I try to line up a 1600x1200 monitor with a 1920x1080 monitor side by side, but the 1080 one is physically larger, things don't match up when I move the mouse cursor across. Is there any way to tell Windows the DPI is...
  6. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  7. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  8. Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off: I have a 3 monitor setup, I keep having a problem where I will setup my backgrounds for the monitors but when I turn one off the images will shift instead of being dedicated to just one monitor. I have used display fusion, and a couple others but they all have the same issue....
  9. is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to fine tune the position of multiple monitors when one is landscape and the...: I have two monitors that are both 1080p, one is landscape and one is portrait, when I try to align them so the mouse doesn't jump up or down when I move between monitors there is at best a half inch difference. is there a setting that can be manually changed in the registry...
  10. when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Support
    when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?: I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins. Any ideas what is causing this? 46555