Windows 10: Multiple monitors question

Discus and support Multiple monitors question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have 3 monitors and a tv connected to the pc. I wonder if there’s a way to say manage all open windows from a tv, with other monitors turned off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vedoom123, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Multiple monitors question

So I have 3 monitors and a tv connected to the pc. I wonder if there’s a way to say manage all open windows from a tv, with other monitors turned off. I want to be able to access all open windows from every monitor I guess. Like if I’m watching something on a tv I turn my other monitors off but some windows stay on them and to access those apps I need to turn that monitor on. I want to access apps on the other monitors from the tv. Is that even possible? I’d imagine something like a menu in task view , which would show all open apps on all monitors on every monitor, (maybe even with a possibility of dragging any app to any monitor) so you could access something if it’s on the monitor that’s physically turned off. Currently it’s not possible, every monitor only shows it’s own apps. So if I have something open on a monitor and it’s physically turned off I can’t access that app.

Also it would be nice to be able to manually turn off a single/multiple monitors, similar to what happens when the screen turns off after some time. But they should stay off when you do something obviously. Like a digital version of manually turning a monitor off.

submitted by /u/Vedoom123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vedoom123, Jun 8, 2021

2. Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 multiple monitor multiple taskbars question.

Hi Waffles,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern but we don't have an option to add clock to multiple monitor's except on main monitor.

I suggest you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Multiple monitors question

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Multiple monitors question

1. Multiple monitors question - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors question

2. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  3. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  4. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  5. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Questions: So I'll keep it sweet and simpleI have 2 desktopsOne I'll call desktop and the other I'll call Deep thoughtDesktop is unable to sign into One drive, every time I try to I get a nice little error message saying Java script is blocked or not enabled with my web browser.. Slight...
  6. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Questions: So I'll keep it sweet and simpleI have 2 desktopsOne I'll call desktop and the other I'll call Deep thoughtDesktop is unable to sign into One drive, every time I try to I get a nice little error message saying Java script is blocked or not enabled with my web browser.. Slight...
  7. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  9. Questions about multiple monitors.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Questions about multiple monitors.: Hello, newbie here! I am looking to have several monitors set up in different rooms of our business. Don't want separate computers, but monitors only pulling from main office computer. Either each monitor showing all information about each section of the business (from Excel...
  10. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...