Windows 10: multiple monitors

Discus and support multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I set up three monitors on w10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/32f26e7d-21c9-484d-b332-d25f7891a031 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryToster, Jan 30, 2019.

1. multiple monitors

How can I set up three monitors on w10?

:)

TerryToster, Jan 30, 2019

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Full screen with multiple monitors

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to get Windows 10 full screen / maximize to span multiple monitors rather than just one monitor.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Press Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the
    P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options

o PC Screen Only

o Duplicate

o Extend

o Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

• Close all open programs.
    • Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings.
    • Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select
      Duplicate these displays
      or Extend these displays or
      Show only on 1
      or Show only on 2.

If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

• Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

multiple monitors

Windows 10 issue with multiple monitors and KVM

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the settings not configured properly, I would suggest you refer to the below link and try the steps mentioned in help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

multiple monitors

1. multiple monitors - Similar Threads - multiple monitors

2. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  3. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  4. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  5. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  6. Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...: when dragging pdf pages to extract from inside a PDF document from inside Acrobat to file explorer and it crosses between multiple monitors, it does not work. This use to work just fine. The work around is to move file explorer onto the same monitor as Acrobat to get the page...
  7. Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...

Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...: when dragging pdf pages to extract from inside a PDF document from inside Acrobat to file explorer and it crosses between multiple monitors, it does not work. This use to work just fine. The work around is to move file explorer onto the same monitor as Acrobat to get the page...
  8. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  9. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  10. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware