Windows 10: multiple monitors

Discus and support multiple monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jspyke52, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jspyke52 Win User

multiple monitors

Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run Netflix app, etc.

:)

jspyke52, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Remon Ont Win User

How to get Two Touchscreen Monitors to work on one PC with Windows 10.1

Have you already tried any troubleshooting steps on the Display settings of your PC?

Start - Settings - System - Display <- set as you wish.

This might help,

Connect Multiple Monitor to your PC.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Do more with multiple monitors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/multiple-monitors

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

multiple monitors

I don't know if this will work or not, but you can try. You want an "extend these displays" setting on multiple displays. On the multiple monitor setup page (display settings) there are two big squares depicting monitor 1 and monitor 2. Click on the box depicting your monitor you want for programs. With that square highlighted, make sure "Make this my main display" is checked. Apply changes if you need to.

Now, open the media program (like Netflix) you want to open on the TV - it will probably open on the "programs" monitor. Make it a Window (not full screen), and drag it over to the TV. Full screen it on there and close the program. Now try to re-open the program from your "computer" monitor - the one you made the "main" monitor. Hopefully the program remembers to start on the TV.

Kodi - the multimedia program that I use - actually has a setting inside the program to tell it which monitor (#1 or #2) to open on.

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
  5. jspyke52 Win User
    I have used Kodi on and off. it does simplify somethings, but can be very cumbersome in other ways. That and the lack of Vudu made me take it off. Its diffuculty and certain limitations made me uninstall it.

jspyke52, Aug 8, 2015
  6. jspyke52 Win User
    Also I use amazon music, vudu, and some programs where there are no programs for. would you happen to know a way to make a shortcut inside the program?

jspyke52, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

multiple monitors

1. multiple monitors - Similar Threads - multiple monitors

2. how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????: first you need update all your drivers of your mobo.after you need update all your drivers of your GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-issue-of-multiple-monitor-in-windows-11/3fca0458-1105-432f-82e8-cac5414a1d08
  3. how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????: first you need update all your drivers of your mobo.after you need update all your drivers of your GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-issue-of-multiple-monitor-in-windows-11/3fca0458-1105-432f-82e8-cac5414a1d08
  4. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  5. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  6. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  7. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  8. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  9. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  10. Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...: when dragging pdf pages to extract from inside a PDF document from inside Acrobat to file explorer and it crosses between multiple monitors, it does not work. This use to work just fine. The work around is to move file explorer onto the same monitor as Acrobat to get the page...