Windows 10: Multiple monitors

Discus and support Multiple monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xxd1n0, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Xxd1n0 Win User

Multiple monitors

I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on displays 2 and 3 or all at once.

:)

Xxd1n0, Jun 27, 2022

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Multiple monitors.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to set the default display.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Display.

Multiple monitors ecedb7d6-0f40-4a91-94cd-3fd21731b3f2?upload=true.png

3. Click on Identify.

4. Then select the monitor you prefer it to be default by highlighting using a left click.

5. Scroll down and check the box behind
    Make it my main display.

6. Then click on Apply and check

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Multiple monitors

multiple monitors worse on 10 than 8.1

Hi Getho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Missing Windows Updates.

• Incorrect settings.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Update including the Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the article and which will help you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Multiple monitors

1. Multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Multiple monitors

2. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  3. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  4. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts: I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the dock. At work I use the laptop monitor with 1 external monitor plugged into the laptop's HDMI port.After using the work...
  5. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts: I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the dock. At work I use the laptop monitor with 1 external monitor plugged into the laptop's HDMI port.After using the work...
  6. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows: Twinkle Tray: Brightness Slider is a free Microsoft Store application for Windows devices that allows you to control the brightness of all connected monitors individually. [ATTACH] While designed with multiple monitors in mind, Twinkle Tray works fine on single monitor...
  8. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on displays 2 and 3 or all at once....
  9. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors: I have 2 monitors. I'm trying to extend on the two monitors but it's only letting me show on the computer and another monitor, I cannot show on displays 2 and 3 or all at once....
  10. Have multiple vintage PC with VGA and want to connect to HDMI/display port monitor/TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have multiple vintage PC with VGA and want to connect to HDMI/display port monitor/TV: I have multiple vintage PC with VGA and want to connect all of them to one HDMI/display port monitor/TV which would need a VGA input switch to HDMI/display port output with sound. if anyone has any ideas of what to buy from amazon only, please let me know....