Windows 10: Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything

Discus and support Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I fix this problem? Up until yesterday my computer was working perfectly. Then all of a sudden, it stopped reacting to the mouse. I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EWindow, Jul 12, 2019.

1. EWindow Win User

Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything

How can I fix this problem? Up until yesterday my computer was working perfectly. Then all of a sudden, it stopped reacting to the mouse. I couldn't click on links, switch tabs in my browser, start programs from the task bar, close programs or open the Windows menu to shut the computer down. I discovered that the computer would only react if I clicked two or more times (sometimes up to 6 times) with the mouse. Windows 10 updated yesterday, so the problem may be due to the update.

This is what I have tried so far:
    1) I re-booted to get troubleshooting options and opted to revert to the last version in the troubleshooting section. I got an error message saying that an error had occurred and I can't revert to the last version.
    2) I opened the device manager settings for my Logitech mouse and tried to update the driver, but the option to revert to an earlier driver was greyed out and no newer driver is available.

:)

EWindow, Jul 12, 2019

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything

1. Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything - Similar Threads - Multiple mouse clicks

2. Middle Click Makes Multiples

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle Click Makes Multiples: Maybe some Folks do not know this:IF you want more than one of the same thing from the taskbar on the screen it is very easily doneThis applies to, both apps and browser or file explorer windows. An example is 2 or more instances of Calculator BUT can/could be anything. Just...
  3. Middle Click Makes Multiples

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle Click Makes Multiples: Maybe some Folks do not know this:IF you want more than one of the same thing from the taskbar on the screen it is very easily doneThis applies to, both apps and browser or file explorer windows. An example is 2 or more instances of Calculator BUT can/could be anything. Just...
  4. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  5. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  6. Can't click or do anything in Windows installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click or do anything in Windows installation: Hey guys, I'm coming here for help beucase after week of trying im helpless...I've got Lenovo G30-50 and got Windows 7 there. I booted him into recovery and via CMD I did C:/ forrmating. But at about 80% of formatting, charger died, so died PC. I was able to enter BIOS and...
  7. Mouse moves but cant click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moves but cant click anything.: Hi, I am experiencing an issue where sometimes I cannot click anything, CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE takes 2 seconds to load, then it seems to snap out of whatever funk it was in. I have already tried sfc scannow, but the problem still persists. Please help me find a permanent fix for...
  8. How to make my mouse double click permanently on anything like games

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make my mouse double click permanently on anything like games: So i would like to ask that, is there way to make you're mouse double click, not on folders, like on everywhere so that if u click once then ur mouse does 2 clicks cuz that would help me in minecraft...
  9. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  10. Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse: Windows 10 Home updated to Version 1903 OS Build 18362.239 All of a sudden, my computer stopped responding to mouse clicks. I discovered that I have to click multiple times to get the mouse clicks to "register". This happens everywhere in Windows and in applications I run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multiple clicks needed