Windows 10: Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

Discus and support Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home updated to Version 1903 OS Build 18362.239 All of a sudden, my computer stopped responding to mouse clicks. I discovered that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EWindow, Jul 12, 2019.

1. EWindow Win User

Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

Windows 10 Home updated to Version 1903 OS Build 18362.239

All of a sudden, my computer stopped responding to mouse clicks. I discovered that I have to click multiple times to get the mouse clicks to "register". This happens everywhere in Windows and in applications I run under Windows.

Things I tried that failed to fix the problem:

I plugged my wired Logitech mouse into a different USB port

I unplugged my wired mouse and tried using a wireless Microsoft mouse

I went into the mouse settings in Device Manager, but the option to roll back a mouse driver was greyed out. No new mouse driver was available

I started my computer in safe mode - same problem

In the Recovery settings I tried to revert to a previous build, but got an error message saying that an error had occurred.

How can I fix this? I never had this problem before.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32701
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052

:)

EWindow, Jul 12, 2019

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

1. Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse - Similar Threads - Multiple mouse clicks

2. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  3. Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click: In all instances, in any application, folder or process, my mouse needs to click 2,3,4 times to get one click in. Was fine before I got the most recent update, and it updated and now I'm having mouse problems. It's an HP mouse I got about 4 months ago so I know the mouse is...
  4. Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click: In all instances, in any application, folder or process, my mouse needs to click 2,3,4 times to get one click in. Was fine before I got the most recent update, and it updated and now I'm having mouse problems. It's an HP mouse I got about 4 months ago so I know the mouse is...
  5. Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10: Mouse double clicking, lagging or not reacting at all, up to disconnecting for...

Windows 10: Mouse double clicking, lagging or not reacting at all, up to disconnecting for...: Hello,I recently ran into some problems with my mouse mice actually, as it as seems to be no hardware-related problem and would he happy if anyone here could help me with that.A while ago the mouse I used then stopped functioning properly, starting to randomly make...
  7. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  8. Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function

Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function: In the past couple days my Microsoft wireless mouse has started to require multiple clicks as many as 3 -5 to open something or get focus. How do I fix this? I've replaced the batteries even though there was no indication of them going bad. I've also performed a sfc...
  9. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  10. computer doesn't react to mouse or wireless mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer doesn't react to mouse or wireless mouse: when i turn my computer on to get to my log in screen i have to hit the ESC key before my wireless mouse would do it or the mouse pad from the laptop then once im log in and ready to go my both mouse will not click on any desktop icon or task bar icon i will have to CTRL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multiple clicks needed

2. mouse needs multiple clicks

3. windows 10 mouse needs multiple clicks

4. computer mouse requiring multiple clicks to execute command,
  5. required multiple mouse click to work,
  6. need multiple clicks on the mouse,
  7. icons in taskbar area need multiple mouse clicks,
  8. multiple clicks,
  9. windows needs multiple clicks on mouse