Windows 10: multiple MS accounts - need just one!

Discus and support multiple MS accounts - need just one! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I must have 5 or more Microsoft accounts. The problem is that when I cranked up a new laptop, I cannot transfer the Edge Favorite Bar items to the new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by pat71896, Feb 3, 2020.

1. pat71896 Win User

multiple MS accounts - need just one!

I must have 5 or more Microsoft accounts. The problem is that when I cranked up a new laptop, I cannot transfer the Edge Favorite Bar items to the new machine.

The tab names are mostly there except one that I REALLY need, it is a folder that has 17 URL links.

Along the way I got a MS Account that I know I never added. It is the first 6 digits of my phone number.

Once I open Edge, I can find the links as transferred, but it is a group that I don't use anymore.

How do I know what Account my laptop is accessing. I suspect the one I want and the new Edge the beta from 1/15/20, are two different accounts.

1. How do I determine my actual account on either machine?
    2. Can I combine/compile all my accounts together?
    3. Is there a way to transfer those names and URLs a different way?

Thank you in advance. I am so frustrated.

Pat I once did teach MS programs - 12 years ago. LOL that makes me a relic

:)

pat71896, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 3, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

Read the last link on the website above, "You recently made a significant hardware change".

and

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2020
  4. imacken Win User

Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

Thanks again for your time in replying.
    I think we should forget about this discussion, as we seem to be at cross purposes.
    You have taken what I said out of context. I know how the activation has worked over the years - particularly in relation to re-installing and changing hardware, but that was/is not my point.
    My point is that I believed that the rules have changed in Anniversary regarding changing hardware and licensing activation. I was wrongly under the impression that MS had changed the rules to link a key to a MSA account rather than hardware. I was clearly wrong!
    I was saying in my previous post, that I would like to see MS adopt a similar approach as many other developers, i.e. attach the key to the user MSA and allow one install on one key. So, for example, one would de-activate on one device and re-activate the key on a new device linked via the user's MSA and registered key. Inputting a key would relate to a user and not hardware.
    But, that is not important as my opinion has no bearing on MS's activation policy, and I only mentioned it in passing!
    I repeat what I said in my previous post, I am interested in your statement 'I can transfer a license from a device listed on my Microsoft Account'. That seems to suggest what I was thinking in the first place! How is that done exactly? Other posts here suggest that devices can be deleted from the account and it makes no difference.

imacken, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. multiple MS accounts - need just one! - Similar Threads - multiple accounts need

2. One Microsoft account for multiple computers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Microsoft account for multiple computers?: Hello everyone, I want to know if I use one user account for multiple computers, is it possible to create specific permissions for each computer.so that I want the rest of the computers to use certain permissions, applications and folders that I specify?Windows version:10...
  3. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One account to multiple: I have 10 Computers and i need to connect to one hotmail account. Need help regrading on this iisue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-account-to-multiple/5e1c574a-fad3-4e15-a771-57ef233bd042
  4. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One account to multiple: I have 10 Computers and i need to connect to one hotmail account. Need help regrading on this iisue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-account-to-multiple/5e1c574a-fad3-4e15-a771-57ef233bd042
  5. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Cortana and multiple calendars on one account

in Cortana
    Cortana and multiple calendars on one account: I added several sports calendars to my Hotmail account, but when I ask Cortana about events in all of my calendars, it seems she only check on the "original" or "native" Hotmail calendar. Is there a way that I can keep calendars in this way independent and get that Cortana...
  7. Multiple computers on one account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Multiple computers on one account: I take care of the computers in my business. I have Office installed on all five with all of them legal. They were all downloads software and I used my email address for all of them when I installed them. I started to upgrade some of those to Windows 10 and have two new...
  8. Consolidating multiple users into just one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolidating multiple users into just one: Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users. Have no idea why the tech did that but that is what happened. Accounts I had were Jack, Jaci5, JaciS, and one that was the name...
  9. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  10. Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?: Am I right in thinking that with the Anniversary method of dealing with Product Key activation, that 1) if the key is associated with my MS account, if I buy a new PC, replacing the old one, then the product key will validate through my account on the new PC? 2) is it OK to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Suneel outlook.com