Windows 10: Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

Discus and support Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PMDunn, Aug 12, 2020.

1. PMDunn Win User

Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master folder with the one icon which is supposed to bring up all. There are others folders w/files which contain unique files from the others, hidden in various places like Users which do not come up with the rest. How in the world do I get all of these into the same folder without hunting through the drive in multiple places? ALSO, the same has happened in My Pictures, multiple often different files in folders scattered in about three different folders of jpegs. Appreciate your time and trouble. I have not tried to fix this for obvious reason that something could be "lost in space".

:)

PMDunn, Aug 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Try3 Win User
    Merge Document Folders

Bob,

To remove any need for cross-referencing to that other thread I gave you a link to, here are the paras I was suggesting that you consider.

1 You can create a folder structure of your own on the HDD and just start using it. No grand schemes are required. No OS alterations are required.
    - It is common to have the following folders but they can be named & arranged however you want: Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures.
    - You will probably also want to create a Desktop folder [see #4 below].
    - You can also divide Documents into subfolders for your main lines of effort and each of these can be further subdivided.
    - Just by way of example & nothing more, my own Documents folder is divided into: Business, Personal, Common, Suppliers, InfoSys

2 You can augment that by opening each one of your applications and saving a test file to your Documents folder then opening a test file from that folder. Doing this makes most applications look there first in the future and that saves messing about browsing around the folders.

3 You can augment that by checking the Options / Preferences within each of you applications to see if a default folder can be nominated there as well.

4 You can augment that by 'relocating' the Desktop user folder [that has been created by Windows] to your HDD.
    - This is by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Desktop but the system can be told to use the folder you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorial listed above can walk you through the whole procedure.

5 You can augment that by 'relocating' other user folders [that have been created by Windows] such as the Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures to your HDD.
    - These are by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents etc but the system can be told to use the folders you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorials listed above can walk you through the whole procedure for each one.
    - Not everybody bothers with this step and some think that it conveys no benefit. I have done each of them.

Denis

4. Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

1. Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD - Similar Threads - Multiple Document Pictures

2. Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing: Hi,I was doing some messing around with onedrive and wanted it all to be nice and organised within onedrive. So that whenever I opened the ondrive folder I would see documents, pictures etc.. as different folders but instead the way I did set it up it was all just merging...
  3. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  4. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  5. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  7. Multiple My Document and My Pictures files

Multiple My Document and My Pictures files: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  8. Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder

Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder: I'm using Win10. In My Documents I've found I have 2 of each of Pictures, Documents and Desktop folders. Although one of the Desktop folders is empty the other Documents and Pictures folders each have items in them. I think that they are local storage and OneDrive storage...
  9. My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder

My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder: I seem to have duplication of folders. Under "This PC" I have a normal looking folder structure and clicking on those folders takes me to the appropriate files. For example: "This PC > Documents" has "Acrobat, Adobe, and AirDroid" as the first three folders. If i navigate to...
  10. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders: So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click >...