Windows 10: Multiple Network connections

Discus and support Multiple Network connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these connections. [img] I have tried disabling them. Is it safe to delete them..? and is it safe to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeepers, Sep 27, 2016.

1. jeepers Win User

Multiple Network connections

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these connections.

Multiple Network connections [​IMG]

I have tried disabling them. Is it safe to delete them..? and is it safe to do so.
    Thanks.

:)

jeepers, Sep 27, 2016

2. Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed.

Hi Sheik,

Thanks for the update. We apologize for the delay in response.

The pop-up will show on the screen until the changes are laid on all the files and folders you are making changes to. Click on
    Continue until the pop-up disappears and check if the issue is resolved.

The above issue might occur if you do not have a healthy internet connection on your PC or the PC from which the folder is inaccessible. Since
    Public folder is accessible by other PCs on the network, the internet connection on the all the connected machines should be healthy to prevent any issues from occurring.

Henceforth if you are to face the above issue, restart the PCs i.e. the one to access the folder and the one to share on the network and check if the issue is resolved. Also check the network connection availability on the machines.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed.

The only changes I made to the public folder were updating the sharing options for the 3 users who need read/write access to that folder. I tried to Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object
    using the procedure above. This popup appeared after clicking ok.

ShiftySheik, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Multiple Network connections

Yes, you should definitely remove them. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Sep 28, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Those are all Virtual Machine connections.

bro67, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Not true, in fact I would be willing to bet OP's case has nothing to do with virtual machines. A VPN client usually creates a TAP connection. In screenshot from my PC the TAP connection created by CyberGhost VPN, the one I use:

Nothing to do with virtual machine connections.

Some badly coded VPN clients leave the old ones and create a new whenever VPN connection is made. Simply select all TAP connections and delete them, your VPN client will be able to create a new one when needed.

7. jeepers Win User
    Thank you all for the advice, they are gone...*Smile I uninstalled them.

jeepers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Network connections

1. Multiple Network connections - Similar Threads - Multiple Network connections

2. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  3. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  4. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Multiple Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Networks: W10 I'm now up to Network 84. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-networks/9d426b4a-d8e7-4daf-9d76-bc5856544b96
  6. Multiple Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Networks: W10 I'm now up to Network 84. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-networks/9d426b4a-d8e7-4daf-9d76-bc5856544b96
  7. Multiple Networks

8. Multiple ethernet network connections

Multiple ethernet network connections: I carry my laptop between work and home frequently. At work, I have an assigned IP address. And at home, I am using DHCP. Right now, if I switch to DHCP, then I have to reenter my assigned IP address when I take the laptop to work. Is there someway to set up two "identities"...
  9. How to remove Multiple Network Connections?

How to remove Multiple Network Connections?: I have a pocket Wifi Device, however, it is NOT using Wifi connection, as I have it connected to my PC using an USB Cable. Every morning I turn on my PC, it creates a new network connection, for example "Network 7" How do I remove Network 1 to 6, and where are they...
  10. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...