Windows 10: Multiple Notebook OS swappin

Discus and support Multiple Notebook OS swappin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 Latitude E6530's I've collected that work. I use them for backup,travel,etc. I find I can ( for years now) take the hard drive and install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbobnh, Nov 14, 2019.

1. jimbobnh Win User

Multiple Notebook OS swappin

I have 4 Latitude E6530's I've collected that work. I use them for backup,travel,etc. I find I can ( for years now) take the hard drive and install it in anyone of them and away I go. Or restore an image from my active one to another one to take on a trip and Win 7 worked fine between them. It didn't ask for new activation keys for each one.
    Recently I moved from Win 7 to 10 and find now I get the water mark for activation on the other notebooks. But not the one I activated it on.
    Is it because they all had Win7 as OEM and not 10 and 10 is picking that up? Nothing I can do except live with the watermark? I might want to switch out parts to keep one running A1 at some point so this is a problem I may have to live with?

:)

jimbobnh, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 14, 2019
  4. marcus kt Win User

WP8 OneNote App no longer sync Multiple Notebooks ??

Hi, I just notice that the OneNote App on my Lumia 920 no longer sync Multiple Notebooks on SkyDrive. It used to show Multiple (shared) Notebooks on
    SkyDrive from other Microsoft Accounts & I can open, edit, sync all of shared notes. Now only notebook from my phone's primary Microsoft Account is shown. What's happening? Has something changed?

OS
    Ver : 8.0.10328.78

Firmware Revision : 3047.0000.1326.2009

Hardware Revision : 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version : 1.0.202093.3

Chip SOC Version : 8960

Microsoft OneNote Mobile version : 15.0

Rgds: Marcus.

marcus kt, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple Notebook OS swappin - Similar Threads - Multiple Notebook swappin

2. Power related settings for Windows 11 OS Laptops and Notebooks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power related settings for Windows 11 OS Laptops and Notebooks: 01 Power efficient settings in Windows Support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-efficient-settings-in-windows-11-0d6a2b6b-2e87-4611-9980-ac9ea2175734 02 How to adjust power and sleep settings in Windows Support link...
  3. Power related settings for Windows 11 OS Laptops and Notebooks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power related settings for Windows 11 OS Laptops and Notebooks: 01 Power efficient settings in Windows Support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-efficient-settings-in-windows-11-0d6a2b6b-2e87-4611-9980-ac9ea2175734 02 How to adjust power and sleep settings in Windows Support link...
  4. Actions occasionally repeat themselves on multiple notebooks at our company

Actions occasionally repeat themselves on multiple notebooks at our company: Greetings,I am trying to find the root cause of why multiple notebooks at our company occasionally repeat key strokes, CTRL+V's and deletes. A quick example:"Sentence should look like this" could e.g end up as "Senteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeence should look like this". If we...
  5. Windows 11 Home to Pro for Multiple notebooks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro for Multiple notebooks: HiI would like to upgrade 3 notebooks with home to pro without saving my information on the windowsis it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-to-pro-for-multiple-notebooks/04d5b4bb-2bf7-46c1-b381-8a02acdb21fc
  6. Windows 11 Home to Pro for Multiple notebooks

Windows 11 Home to Pro for Multiple notebooks: HiI would like to upgrade 3 notebooks with home to pro without saving my information on the windowsis it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-to-pro-for-multiple-notebooks/04d5b4bb-2bf7-46c1-b381-8a02acdb21fc
  7. Notebook stuck in Android OS Image ID

Notebook stuck in Android OS Image ID: I really need help as I have messed up my laptop. I was in the BIOS setting and changed the OS Image ID from Windows 8.1 to Android thinking that my laptop had a dual OS installed, however, upon changing the OS Image ID, my laptop is now stuck with a black screen and the...
  8. Notebook stuck in Android OS Image ID

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook stuck in Android OS Image ID: I really need help as I have messed up my laptop. I was in the BIOS setting and changed the OS Image ID from Windows 8.1 to Android thinking that my laptop had a dual OS installed, however, upon changing the OS Image ID, my laptop is now stuck with a black screen and the...
  9. Notebook stuck in Android OS Image ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Multiple OS in a single system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple OS in a single system: Why is it recommended to install a 2nd OS on a drive with FAT32 system file format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-os-in-a-single-system/45de57aa-08b7-402b-a7e4-466234c09789