Windows 10: Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

Discus and support Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Feb 7, 2021.

1. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed.

I expect only one.

How do the extra ones come to existence?

How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one?

If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I remove the others?

Is it safe to remove others?

I have a working backup from which I am confident, I can re-image my system.

Please see the attached partition profile of the System SSD which is an NVMe disk on M.2 slot.

Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" ead9a919-7c37-46c5-9db5-7d8062ed4d7a?upload=true.jpg

Please advise.

Dr Abdul Rasheed

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Feb 7, 2021
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Feb 7, 2021
  3. How to completely reformat a disk with reserved partitions

I upgraded to win 10 on a new SSD, everything is working fine and I have copied the data I need from the old disk (its now drive EMultiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" :)

E: has a D: partition - the old system reserved, no longer needed. E: also has a recovery partition which has no label.

I want to remove the 2 reserved partitions and combine them back into E: - and then reformat E:

Is there a simple list of steps to do this please?

Thanks

AlanSmith777, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

Anthony Gal, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

1. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" - Similar Threads - Multiple Numbers Recovery

2. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  3. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  4. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  5. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions": I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence? How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one? If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I...
  6. Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions

Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions: My PC has multiple Windows recovery partitions, which bothers me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-windows-recovery-partitions/e91f953f-79cf-4af8-9e27-50851ec0029b
  7. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition: I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm...
  8. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  9. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  10. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...