Windows 10: Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

Discus and support Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Feb 8, 2021.

1. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed.

I expect only one.

How do the extra ones come to existence?

How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one?

If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I remove the others?

Is it safe to remove others?

I have a working backup from which I am confident, I can re-image my system.

Please see the attached partition profile of the System SSD which is an NVMe disk on M.2 slot.

Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" ead9a919-7c37-46c5-9db5-7d8062ed4d7a?upload=true.jpg

Please advise.

Dr Abdul Rasheed

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Feb 8, 2021
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Feb 8, 2021
  3. How to completely reformat a disk with reserved partitions

I upgraded to win 10 on a new SSD, everything is working fine and I have copied the data I need from the old disk (its now drive EMultiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" :)

E: has a D: partition - the old system reserved, no longer needed. E: also has a recovery partition which has no label.

I want to remove the 2 reserved partitions and combine them back into E: - and then reformat E:

Is there a simple list of steps to do this please?

Thanks

AlanSmith777, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

Anthony Gal, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

1. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions" - Similar Threads - Multiple Numbers Recovery

2. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  3. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  4. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  5. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions": I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence? How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one? If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I...
  6. Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions: My PC has multiple Windows recovery partitions, which bothers me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-windows-recovery-partitions/e91f953f-79cf-4af8-9e27-50851ec0029b
  7. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition: I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm...
  8. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  9. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  10. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...