Windows 10: Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving

Discus and support Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I cannot validate my Windows product key, and need some help. My computer is a refurbished machine I bought about 3 or 4 months ago, so Walmart put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DMFRC, Feb 16, 2019.

1. DMFRC Win User

Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving

I cannot validate my Windows product key, and need some help.

My computer is a refurbished machine I bought about 3 or 4 months ago, so Walmart put the OS onto it before I got it, and I never made a note of what the Windows Product ID was when I got the computer.

Recently I got a virus I couldn't remove, so since my computer was acting buggy I did a system refresh so I could keep my files. After the refresh, there appeared a message telling me to activate Windows. It didn't automatically validate after the refresh as I think it should have.

When I open Settings and try to activate my product key, I get the message: We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid license or key. If you do think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code 0xC004F012.

Running the troubleshooter yields: Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes and try again. (0xc0000022) I've tried that many times over the past few days and always get the same results.

I've also tried the option to change the product key using the product key I obtained from running a .vbs script in command prompt which gave me the product key that's supposedly installed on my machine. The result is: The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key, or enter a different one. (0x80041023)

I also ran different .vbs scripts and have results yielding two other different product keys which don't work either.

I ran the command slmgr /dli to display the current license with activation status and partial product key. The result is a popup message: Error: 0x0000022 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run slui.exe 0x2a 0xC0000022 to display the error text. I ran that command and got a popup saying an error has occurred. Code: 0xC000022 Description: Access is denied. A process has requested to access an object, but has not been granted those process rights.

Finding suggested solutions online, I ran slui.exe 4 with command prompt. The Windows Activation tool opened and I entered my location: United States. "Call and provide your installation ID" appeared, and then on the window that opened the dotted wheel of (non)progress kept turning with no confirmation ID ever appearing that I could use to "Enter confirmation ID". I've tried this many times with no luck.

I ran slmgr /ato to try and activate the license and product key and got a popup: On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run slui.exe 0x2a 0xc0000022 I ran that command again and got a popup saying an error has occurred. Code: 0xC000022 Description: Access is denied. A process has requested to access an object, but has not been granted those process rights.

I ran the command slmgr /dli to display the current license with activation status and partial product key. The result is a popup message: Error: 0x0000022 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run slui.exe 0x2a 0xC0000022 to display the error text. The message was as the same as above.

Looking online I find that there can be this problem if the Software Protection Service isn't running. It isn't and I cannot start it. I get Error: 5 Access is denied.

In addition, I looked at Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Software Protection Service and there are three tasks scheduled. 1) SvcRestartTask > Disabled > at 12:00AM every day... and 2) SvcRestartTaskLogon > at logon of any user > ready...and 3) SvcRestartTaskNetwork . On event-Log:On Event-Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile/Operational Event ID:10000

I don't know if that's relevant but added anyway. If the information in the menu "General, Triggers, Actions, Conditions, etc. is needed I'll add that. I never added these tasks myself.

I read online about a fix that rebuilds te Windows Licensing Strore, but %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform is missing so that's obviously a problem.

I tried opening Turn Windows Features on or off > Legacy > Direct Play and checked them to start as an online source suggested. No luck.

It also impossible for me to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. It reverts back to stopped.

I'll add that my computer is on a LAN which may be the source of these problems.

I'd be very grateful to anyone who can help me get my product key validated.

:)

DMFRC, Feb 16, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

I don't know what you did to fix previously but with the commands above should rebuild the the partition unless the partition itself is corrupted preventing you to run those commands.
    Let's try another way:

1. Download the Macrium Rescue disk: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
    2. Using a USB stick to create a bootable USB with: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with UEFI Mode and follow the screen shots to rebuild the EFI System partition.
      NOTE: The title must show: ..... Win PE 10 [UEFI] for step 3 to work since your Windows installed with GPT disk.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you use the correct disk in step 2, in your case is disk 1

Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving

1. Multiple obstacles activating Windows need solving - Similar Threads - Multiple obstacles activating

2. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Activation: Windows was activated with a digital license. I helped someone fix their computer by putting my SSD in their PC. When I put my SSD back in my computer, it said, hardware change detected. When I troubleshoot and choose I changed hardware, It won't let me select the device I'm...
  3. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Solved: Activation: Windows was activated with a digital license. I helped someone fix their computer by putting my SSD in their PC. When I put my SSD back in my computer, it said, hardware change detected. When I troubleshoot and choose I changed hardware, It won't let me select the device I'm...
  4. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SOLVED: Activation Issue

SOLVED: Activation Issue: Hello, I have a Sony laptop that I purchased it with an original Windows 7 Pro years ago. It was upgraded to Windows 10. Recently I decided to reset the windows. After resetting, the windows requires activation code. I enter the activation code I had for the previously...
  6. Windows 10 home activation *SOLVED*

Windows 10 home activation *SOLVED*: I just built a new PC and am trying to activate windows on it, and it's not activating even though I have a digital license associated with my account. Do I really have to buy a new license to get rid of the watermark or what else can I do? edit: it activated???...
  7. Multiple PC's and Multiple Activated Windows 10...

Multiple PC's and Multiple Activated Windows 10...: Hello, I currently have 3 PC's with Windows 10 Pro and all have been activated. I go to my Microsoft Account -> Devices and see 3 of them but!! One looks like a duplicate and another one I don't recognize. PC#1: i7-4790K - Was my main PC until a couple of weeks ago and...
  8. Multiple Active Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Active Windows: Does anyone know of an app or way to control two or more windows at the same time? I was trying to play a game with two controllers on a windows 10 pc. I had two windows open and assumed that one controller could control each window only to find out that you can only focus...
  9. Multiple blue screen errors [NOT SOLVED!]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple blue screen errors [NOT SOLVED!]: Hello, from time to time I'm getting multiple blue screen errors in a row. I've checked some solutions but the problem still persists. It's a new PC and I'm running Windows 10. For example today I got these errors: Kernel security check failure Page fault in nonpaged...
  10. [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions": Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions" version. Does anyone know what the difference is between these? 9398

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot