Windows 10: Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Discus and support Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . The desktop is on the very top, and there is a desktop under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoshePartensky, May 7, 2020.

1. Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Multiple occurence of  "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view  . e1f01a75-5149-477a-af96-f2517d479f7b?upload=true.png

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . The desktop is on the very top, and there is a desktop under it, which includes "this PC" and then there is another desktop in thi directory. This is very confusing. How to fix the structure and bring "this PC" to the top?

:)

MoshePartensky, May 7, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Multiple occurence of  "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view  . Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, May 7, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, May 7, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

1. Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . - Similar Threads - Multiple occurence Desktop

2. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  3. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  4. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  5. How to create a view of files contained across multiple directories

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a view of files contained across multiple directories: Windows 10: The Objective: Create a virtual directory of files contained in multiple directories, essentially a view. The list of files in the virtual directory should have the file attributes available as well. DIR1 FileA1 FileA2 FileB1 DIR2 FileA3 FileA4 FileB2 ---->...
  6. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  7. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View: On Windows 10 in File Explorer that has the Quick Locations and all Locations listed in the left-hand menu, my folder "Desktop" randomly changed to "Downloads" even though the correct "Downloads" location remained the same. I am unable to change the folder name back to what...
  9. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...