Windows 10: Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything

Discus and support Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple partitions on my C: drive, including a few recovery drive partitions. The right-click that allows for merging, deleting etc has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZivaWernick, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything

I have multiple partitions on my C: drive, including a few recovery drive partitions. The right-click that allows for merging, deleting etc has the options grayed/untouchable. I have been trying to clear up and merge space, remove duplicates etc. Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything 00ac163b-ea9d-4b5c-9b65-e723a64a7465?upload=true.jpg

:)

ZivaWernick, Sep 9, 2020

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Can't merge a partition to the main partition.

Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything 08e388d7-34d9-4cbf-9b55-2dddea35ec30.png
    I
    have a C: partition with 416 GB of space but unfortunately, I can't merge it with an empty partition with 48 GB. There is no option to extend partition but only 'Shrink volume' for the C:. Is there any other way to merge these two partitions?

Redza Imran, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything

Resize Windows 10 System Partition

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything

1. Multiple partitions; is there a way to shrink and merge without losing anything - Similar Threads - Multiple partitions shrink

2. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  5. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  6. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  7. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  8. Merge partitions without damage ?

Merge partitions without damage ?: How do I merge these three partitions without damaging windows from booting. [img] 110897
  9. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  10. How to remove an unwanted partition without losing anything

How to remove an unwanted partition without losing anything: I have recently built my own PC (With help). During the initial setup process my friend helped me create a partition on my ssd. I would like to remove the partition without losing anything. I have a 250 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. My OS and personal data is on the SSD. I want...