Windows 10: Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up?

Discus and support Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know I have same Battlefield games installed, but it's a mess on where they're actually installed. Should I just back everything up and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1NightWolf, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up?

I know I have same Battlefield games installed, but it's a mess on where they're actually installed. Should I just back everything up and start cutting?

:)

1NightWolf, Feb 9, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up?

Partition problem during clean install of Win 10

Partition problem during clean install. I get the message "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

I'm trying to do a clean install (after a successful upgrade so this laptop has been activated on Windows 10). Super basic situation - single blank internal SATA HDD in a 2010-era Dell laptop, installing from a USB stick, same installation media used for the
    successful upgrade. No complications - dual boot, multiple drives, Linux, etc.

After I select the Custom install option the window showing disk partitions is shown. My disk is there (the only one) but no matter how I delete/create/format it I get the message noted above.

I have searched the web of course, found and tried the following:

• Made sure the hard drive is first in the boot order in the BIOS
    • Used the "diskpart" utility and the sequence of commands suggested to clean, partition and format the disk.
    • Tried leaving the disk blank (without any partitions) and also tried creating a single Primary partition.
    • Pulled the USB stick for a few seconds right after accepting the license, before the custom install selection. (A weird suggestion but I tried it).
    Any ideas?

DavidCarlson3, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up?

1. Multiple partitions on the same, what can I do to clean this up? - Similar Threads - Multiple partitions same

2. what can i do to clean up file history data when the element is not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to clean up file history data when the element is not found: I have only tried the file history clean up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-clean-up-file-history-data-when/50d2f796-09aa-4ae3-9e7b-128109252eb9
  3. what can i do to clean up file history data when the element is not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what can i do to clean up file history data when the element is not found: I have only tried the file history clean up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-clean-up-file-history-data-when/50d2f796-09aa-4ae3-9e7b-128109252eb9
  4. Not Booting Up, what Can I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Booting Up, what Can I do?: So I restarted my computer like always and it did its normal boot process until I look over and nothing ha happened and the mouse and keyboard is off???? Its not a virus and I doubt anything failed but I'm not sure what to do....
  5. Multiple drives clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple drives clean up: Hi, I recently changed my pc and kept the old hard drive from it for extra storage. I have; Local disc c: 8gb free of 218gb ssd System reserved D: 456mb free of 496mb all that is on this is a file $winre backup partition marker 0kb, can i delete this drive? Windows...
  6. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive: I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB EFI partition. I have read though, that Windows may have issues with there being more than one EFI partition on a given disk,...
  7. What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install): I'm planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 from ISO on a USB. Looking at the partitions I have now, I'm not sure exactly what all these are for and which I should/could keep/delete. [ATTACH] I know what (C:) obviously is, and Disk 1 is an external drive, so...
  8. Clean install on a HDD with multiple partitions

Clean install on a HDD with multiple partitions: I want to re install windows 10 on my laptop [img] How can I keep my D: and E: partitions? Do i just delete the other 4 including C: where windows is installed and make a new 1 and install windows there? 111289
  9. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?: A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor and HDMI for a HDMI-only second monitor (actually a cheap lo-res small TV). My main monitor doesn't accept HDMI and my...
  10. Multiple HD partitions and what can I erase

Multiple HD partitions and what can I erase: Hello Since a few computer upgrades ago (Windows XP, I think), I've always had 2 main partitions. One for OS with some extra space for some programs and another partition with everything. I forgot the reason for that (probably easier to format, since I had no backup...