Windows 10: Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues

Discus and support Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So here is the history, I originally built this system years ago with Windows 8. I activated it and everything was good for a while. I caught the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Renzokuken2g, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues

So here is the history,

I originally built this system years ago with Windows 8. I activated it and everything was good for a while. I caught the last train to Clarkville and upgraded to system to Windows 10 when it first came out. Have not used the system much in the past several years but before I stopped using it I upgraded it to Windows 10 pro on a deal. I however didn't have a Microsoft account during this time period, or when I did, I did not link this particular computer to it. As such I've only updated it occasionally. Recently I have upgraded my Motherboard to support M.2 PCI/SATA SSD. This of course invalidated the activation, problem is once I was able to connect the system to the internet. I realized that my activation for the product key will no longer work as it is not attached to my account nor will the activation server allow it to register. I am unsure if the system has been reset to a generic key, or if the digital key has been corrupted. Regardless of the case, while the system works. The system can no longer be properly updated. I've been through the forums and found Command line WMIC that pulls current keys, but my command line only pulls the OA3Xproductkey with blank after it. However when using built in Admin I see the last 5 characters of a key. How can I recover the key and link it to my account so this doesn't happen again?

Also on a side note, where do I go to see licenses attached to my account , by license XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX, not by computer?

:)

Renzokuken2g, Jul 3, 2020

2. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 3, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

I don't know what you did to fix previously but with the commands above should rebuild the the partition unless the partition itself is corrupted preventing you to run those commands.
    Let's try another way:

1. Download the Macrium Rescue disk: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
    2. Using a USB stick to create a bootable USB with: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with UEFI Mode and follow the screen shots to rebuild the EFI System partition.
      NOTE: The title must show: ..... Win PE 10 [UEFI] for step 3 to work since your Windows installed with GPT disk.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you use the correct disk in step 2, in your case is disk 1

Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues [​IMG]

Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

This is on the listing of changes in the Anniversary upgrade.

And this is the link opened when you click on the Learn More option on the Activation page in the Activation area.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-10-activation

Saltgrass, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues

1. Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues - Similar Threads - Multiple physical digital

2. Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital license linked to my microsoft account. I'm using a new device now and trying to activate it. It's the same system W11 Pro and I've logged in with my Microsoft account. However, it is not activated. I thought that was because the old device...
  3. Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital license linked to my microsoft account. I'm using a new device now and trying to activate it. It's the same system W11 Pro and I've logged in with my Microsoft account. However, it is not activated. I thought that was because the old device...
  4. Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elfurezo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lujz5g/multiple_digital_signatures_with_comments/
  5. digital activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    digital activation: hi i upgraded my system from 4gen to 9th gen a day ago but now i cant activate my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-activation/98883060-5513-47b9-88f2-01d8f73f9f0b
  6. Activation Issue after upgrade

Activation Issue after upgrade: I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The last time I did it I installed a new CPU and GPU. Afterwards, I received a notification saying that I had to activate my copy...
  7. digital upgrade issue

digital upgrade issue: I need to remove a digital upgrade (from home to pro) from my personal Microsoft account but keep the computer upgraded to Pro. This is a work PC and we do not use Microsoft accounts. I purchased the upgrade on behalf of my employer and they have reimbursed me for it, so...
  8. Activation issues -- digital license

Activation issues -- digital license: Hi. I am running Windows 10 Pro N under parallels on a mac. I originally was running windows 7, and at some point a while back, I upgraded to Win10. That Win10 says it's running on a digital license connected to my microsoft account. Unfortunately, at the time I originally...
  9. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...
  10. Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?: I may try disconnecting my other internal sata drives as a last ditch try to upgrade ... Can anyone shed light on why having more than one drive would cause a issue with the upgrade? You're still booted to the active drive, and updating that one. My other two are data...