Windows 10: Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart

Discus and support Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had a program running that crashed and could not exit into task manager. Having had task manager and the program opened, I tried resetting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Man ofHumanity, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart

I had a program running that crashed and could not exit into task manager. Having had task manager and the program opened, I tried resetting the computer. Now, there are a multitude of problems following this restart.

1. The wifi does not connect by default and only sometimes allows me to choose a network to connect to and use normally

2. Shutting down through the Windows menu regularly causes it to boot back up immediately, as if it were a restart I solved this partially by turning off fast startup, in addition to holding shift while clicking it

3. The computer refuses to go into sleep mode when I try clicking it

4. In the event that the adapter does not give me the option to connect to wifi, the driver for it displayed an exclamation mark in Device Manager; the temporary fix I had for it was to delete the driver and restart the computer, but this has to be done every time after a shutdown

5. For about 3 minutes after startup the sound effect for a device plugging in and unplugging repeatedly plays sporadically and gives me the error "The last USB device you plugged in malfunctioned" I assume this also had something to do to the adapter

I tried a few things to remedy the problems, but they were either temporary or unsuccessful. I tried turning off fast startup, and that allowed me to shut down the computer. As mentioned before, I also deleted the driver and let the PC restart to reset it. The name of my adapter is Quelcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter. Any ideas for a solution are appreciated.

:)

Man ofHumanity, Oct 14, 2020

2. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 14, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    Network adapter

Hi Ryan,

Let's work on this together. Have you restarted your device since then? This should reinstall the network adapters automatically. If it didn't, let's perform the Network reset.
    It removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After your PC restarts, any network adapters are reinstalled, and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
    Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Status
      > Network reset.
    • On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes.
    • Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart

1. Multiple problems involving network adapter after restart - Similar Threads - Multiple problems involving

2. Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart: So I have been having an issue where I cannot connect to the internet, it tells me there is no network adapter detected. Now I did go into device manager and only once did I see my “intel Ethernet” or whatever it’s called so I followed a tutorial on YouTube that said it would...
  3. Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart: So I have been having an issue where I cannot connect to the internet, it tells me there is no network adapter detected. Now I did go into device manager and only once did I see my “intel Ethernet” or whatever it’s called so I followed a tutorial on YouTube that said it would...
  4. Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  6. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  7. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network Adapter Reinstall After Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Reinstall After Restart: Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this (own thread vs just a comment). Yesterday I did a network restart because I was just restarting everything on my laptop and I didn't think much of it because it said it would reinstall everything that it removed. However,...
  9. Multiple event errors since 07/09 involving random restarts after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple event errors since 07/09 involving random restarts after booting: After installing the latest smaller patch the September 2020 cumulative update my system failed to install the version 2004 Win10 update. Since that date, I've had no less than four random restarts to the system with non-specific errors such as 10016, but several services...
  10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...