Windows 10: Multiple problems that have happened recently

Discus and support Multiple problems that have happened recently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, I've been having a few problems with my computer and I'm not to sure what they are or how to fix them.1. Ever since I got a old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alien0, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Alien0 Win User

Multiple problems that have happened recently

A couple of days ago, I've been having a few problems with my computer and I'm not to sure what they are or how to fix them.1. Ever since I got a old hard drive from my dad for music there's been an error popping up that reads "Restart to repair drive errors" and when I do restart it will just happen again a couple hours later, I'm not too sure if this is a problem with the hard drive or the computer itself one thing that might be a problem is this most recent windows update, not 100% but could be an issue.2. If I leave my computer for 5-10 mins or longer and come back all of the apps stop res

:)

Alien0, Jul 17, 2021

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Multiple problems that have happened recently :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 17, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Multiple problems that have happened recently - Similar Threads - Multiple problems happened

2. I have multiple problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have multiple problems: Earlier today I noticed that my laptop was very slow when I was using it. I noticed it was on 12 percent so I plugged the charger into it. About an hour later I notice the battery is low and still on 12 percent. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. While unplugged,...
  3. I have multiple problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have multiple problems: Earlier today I noticed that my laptop was very slow when I was using it. I noticed it was on 12 percent so I plugged the charger into it. About an hour later I notice the battery is low and still on 12 percent. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. While unplugged,...
  4. Multiple BSODs recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs recently: Over the last 5 days I have had at least one BSOD a day. I have tried multiple fixes including clean installing my graphics driver, updating possible bad drivers, and clean installing Avast. I was hoping to see if anyone could help me analyze some minidump files to see if...
  5. Multiple BSODs recently

Multiple BSODs recently: Over the last 5 days I have had at least one BSOD a day. I have tried multiple fixes including clean installing my graphics driver, updating possible bad drivers, and clean installing Avast. I was hoping to see if anyone could help me analyze some minidump files to see if...
  6. Multiple BSODs recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problems with Family Safety started to happen recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Family Safety started to happen recently: Our family uses that service for a long time, but few days ago there some issues started to bother us - adults are unable to give time on mobile app iOS, macOS app and Windows 10, only web site allows us to approve requests.Tried to re-login, reinstall app and so on.No issues...
  8. Problems with Family Safety started to happen recently

Problems with Family Safety started to happen recently: Our family uses that service for a long time, but few days ago there some issues started to bother us - adults are unable to give time on mobile app iOS, macOS app and Windows 10, only web site allows us to approve requests.Tried to re-login, reinstall app and so on.No issues...
  9. Problems with Family Safety started to happen recently

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. Many PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs happening recently to multiple computers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs happening recently to multiple computers: Hey Microsoft community, long time lurker first time poster here. I'm having some trouble recently with multiple BSOD's happening to a number of my users recently. They have all been receiving the same blue screen error message, that there was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA...