Windows 10: Multiple Problems with 2004 Update

Discus and support Multiple Problems with 2004 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, With the 2004 updates, starting about two or three months ago, I've been having nothing but problems andI have not seen anyone talking about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.Rat53, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Dr.Rat53 Win User

Multiple Problems with 2004 Update

Hi all,

With the 2004 updates, starting about two or three months ago, I've been having nothing but problems andI have not seen anyone talking about the update with their computers since 2016-2019. I don't even know what discussion category to put this in because it has issues in multiple areas of windows. To start, here are my specs:

Lenovo, Desktop-G570MN7 ideacentre 510A-15ABR
    Processor: AMD A12-9800 RADEON 67, 12 Compute cores 4C + *G, 3.8 GHz
    Ram: 12GB 11.5G usable
    64-bit, x64 processor
    Windows 10, 2004 last installed 9/26/20
    OS 19041.572

I switched from chrome to Microsoft Edge about 4 months ago when Edge updated.

All of my drivers are updated. In terms of ram and storage, my space is almost completely free.

The issues:

File Explorer most upset about
    Starting about 2-3 months ago, my file explorer changed. The search bar changed it looks more rectangular. It has the following issues:
    -Lagging and response time slow when clicking the search bar

-Entering a few letters or a search inquiry no longer causes the whole file explorer to give you potential results. For example, I could type the letter "ha" for "happy" and any image or gif with "ha" in it would appear like, "hair" or something, but it no longer does this. Now it has a drop down box under the search bar never seen this before, and I am forced to type the full word to get an exact image this sucks if I can't remember the name of a file, but can remember the letters associated with it. I have tried troubleshooting and messing with the file explorer settings -- nothing fixes this new layout.

-Similar to the above issue...If I want to search, preview, and/or open an image within a program Discord for example, I cannot click the drop down preview thumbnail. If I do this, it opens image preview, and doesn't upload it where I want it to. I have to physically enter my search inquiry and click on the image that comes up. This wastes time and search speed. This usually crashes the programs too.

As an artist and writer, this really hampers my search speed and often this crashes file explorer and program, or causes my computer to not respond. Years of the same file explorer suddenly changed and it's messing me up.

Odd Program habits, Lag/Crash
    - Some programs lag and crash with these updates, especially with the updates within the last 3-4 weeks.

-Discord crashes when I use file search. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well

-Windows/System search lags and often crashes.

-It reset some of my programs, such as Acrobat for example. It keeps giving me error messages saying it's not found, when I open PDFs and upon starting the computer 95% of my programs including adobe are disabled for startup

-Drive/File History not connected...I've seen another post about this, because my external hard drive is not connected for updating 24/7. However, having this pop-up come up constantly is extremely annoying. It already takes like 4-5 hours for my hard drive to backup for some reason so I feel trapped since nothing ever seems to work with these updates.

-Videos on websites glitch, shake, and flash, and often flash with a green screen. This happens most on Tumblr and Youtube, but any website with videos does this randomly. Sometimes occurs with gifs as well. This happened within the last month of updates.

-This is not as important, but one of the main reasons I moved to Edge was because chrome took up so much memory and it saved gifs as a webp file. But now about 4-5 months ago, Edge completely chews up my memory and some gifs save as webp.

Overview:

I'm so upset about this. It's made my experience with windows horrible and it's making me want to go to apple. I feel like ever since it went from Windows 8 -> 10, there's been nothing but issues. It's hard for me to do anything right now, andI'm very tentative about restoring or resetting my computer right now because I'm in my college classes, and I use photoshop and other programs constantly so I really cannot spare losing anything. Backing up with WD takes too long, I don't know why it takes 5+ hours to backup everything.

:)

Dr.Rat53, Oct 29, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

4. Multiple Problems with 2004 Update

Serious Updates Question

When you install a Feature Update, all Windows Updates since the release will be installed as well.

The installer tells you it's doing so.

At this time, there are multiple issues with Windows 10 2004.

I would suggest waiting a while, until the "list" gets shorter.

OldNavyGuy, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Problems with 2004 Update

1. Multiple Problems with 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Multiple Problems 2004

2. Multiple Issues after 2020 Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Issues after 2020 Update (2004): Since updating to 2004, my laptop has had repeated issues, that though mostly minor are getting to be really annoying. *Multiple can't sign-in to profile instances. So far 1-2 restarts gets in back to normal. *Windows keeps changing my region and keyboard layout (from Ireland...
  3. Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues: I've received the 2004 feature update for my system previously running 1909. I after rebooting I get a login screen, but after login I only have a blank screen with a mouse cursor. After a long time 15-30min I get a blue screen saying something to the effect that oobe had a...
  4. Problems updating to Windows 2004

Problems updating to Windows 2004: I am trying to update my PC to the latest version of Windows 2004, however I am encountering problems. Following the update, I note a red cross is present over my speaker icon, and I get the notification that 'no audio output device is installed' I also consequently lose...
  5. Problems with Windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Windows 2004 update: Since the Windows 2004 update, I can't toggle the calendar on the taskbar, I can't display or change networks with the taskbar icon and Network Sharing won't show available networks so I can't change them, and the speaker icon won't show the volume or allow me to change it, I...
  6. 2004 update big problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 update big problems: I ran the 2004 update. It is problematic. The old path was C/Users/MyUserName where MyUserName is the username I chose but now it goes to C/Users/Temp.ComputerName.002. where ComputerName is the name I gave to my computer Microsoft Edge cannot find my favorites. All of the...
  7. problem after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem after 2004 update: after installed d 2004 update when settings opened its flickering and its not stable. please look into the issue. hope some one come with a solution. tq. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-2004-update/75d21e4c-a767-4941-911e-fccd49bb6820
  8. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...
  9. 2004 windows update problem

2004 windows update problem: Tried to install latest version of windows, now my computer won’t boot. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2004-windows-update-problem/8166517b-c176-4d64-81e6-b62f82b5d292
  10. Update 2004 problem

Update 2004 problem: I installed update Windows 10 2004 and now have an message on my laptop "There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-2004-problem/9e66505f-bc92-4399-ae2e-22953a1c6aae