Windows 10: Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

Discus and support Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MiltWV, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MiltWV Win User

Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart. Things went to hell after that. All of a sudden, left clicking the Windows icon, Cortana icon or the Notification icon did nothing. Microsoft Edge Icon disappeared off the task bar. With the help of a friend we found that ShellExperienceHost.exe was not running in Task Manager. After running the exe file Left click on Window and Notification icon brought up their menus. Cortana still did not work. Nor, could you access search. We also tried running the following string in power shell.

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

It worked once and everything seemed fine. However, last night I did a system restart because programs started to lockup and the task bar occasionally flickered. I also tried a restart of Windows Explorer but that did not help either. Anyway, now none of that stuff works again and the steps we took to get them to work last time do nothing now. I also tried to do a restore back 2 days. That also failed . apparently there was an error with some files. I am a novice at this stuff so I really could use some help.

:)

MiltWV, Aug 13, 2015

2. My task bar continues to go to Lock. I have gone in multiple times and unchecked the Lock.

Original title: Task bar problems

My task bar continues to go to Lock. I have gone in multiple times and unchecked the Lock.

I check the Auto Hide. It may auto hide for awhile but it goes back to lock.

HerbertWilliamsTX, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Date/Time on Task Bar

Why isn't the time showing in my task bar in Windows10?

KathieGibney, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

1. Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Problems Task

2. Multiple problems with task bar and resetting my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple problems with task bar and resetting my pc: Turned on my pc and was having issues with the task bar. No icons would load up and when I moved my cursor on it the loading icon would show up. Don’t know if this is related but when I removed my network adaptor the task bar seemed to fix itself. This happened twice but I...
  3. Multiple problems with task bar and resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple problems with task bar and resetting my pc: Turned on my pc and was having issues with the task bar. No icons would load up and when I moved my cursor on it the loading icon would show up. Don’t know if this is related but when I removed my network adaptor the task bar seemed to fix itself. This happened twice but I...
  4. Multiple problems with task bar and resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Bar Problem

Task Bar Problem: So I have a windows 11 laptop right, I have a problem that when I right click the taskbar, it only shows Task Manager and Taskbar Settings. I don't know how to put the other things in, could anyone help me?...
  6. Windows10 multiple items on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 multiple items on task bar not working: Recently I noticed that multiple items on my task bar is not working. This includes search, clock, and weather. I can click it but it will show a blank window. I tried all troubleshooting need. I clean up resistry and do sfc scan but none of it helped....
  7. Windows10 multiple items on task bar not working

Windows10 multiple items on task bar not working: Recently I noticed that multiple items on my task bar is not working. This includes search, clock, and weather. I can click it but it will show a blank window. I tried all troubleshooting need. I clean up resistry and do sfc scan but none of it helped....
  8. Windows10 multiple items on task bar not working

9. Task bar problems

Task bar problems: I'm on a Japanese version of Windows 10, with English set as my main language, dual monitors.After installing the June Windows update, some icons are not showing in my taskbar, and my taskbar keep resetting itself- everything freezes for a few seconds, the taskbar disappears,...
  10. Problem on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911