Windows 10: Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

Discus and support Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MiltWV, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MiltWV Win User

Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart. Things went to hell after that. All of a sudden, left clicking the Windows icon, Cortana icon or the Notification icon did nothing. Microsoft Edge Icon disappeared off the task bar. With the help of a friend we found that ShellExperienceHost.exe was not running in Task Manager. After running the exe file Left click on Window and Notification icon brought up their menus. Cortana still did not work. Nor, could you access search. We also tried running the following string in power shell.

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

It worked once and everything seemed fine. However, last night I did a system restart because programs started to lockup and the task bar occasionally flickered. I also tried a restart of Windows Explorer but that did not help either. Anyway, now none of that stuff works again and the steps we took to get them to work last time do nothing now. I also tried to do a restore back 2 days. That also failed . apparently there was an error with some files. I am a novice at this stuff so I really could use some help.

:)

MiltWV, Aug 13, 2015

2. My task bar continues to go to Lock. I have gone in multiple times and unchecked the Lock.

Original title: Task bar problems

My task bar continues to go to Lock. I have gone in multiple times and unchecked the Lock.

I check the Auto Hide. It may auto hide for awhile but it goes back to lock.

HerbertWilliamsTX, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Date/Time on Task Bar

Why isn't the time showing in my task bar in Windows10?

KathieGibney, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

1. Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Problems Task

2. task bar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar problem: My laptop's task bar colour is gray. I want to change it to white. How can i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-problem/de6d3922-f653-428f-8614-67be00a72146
  3. Task Bar

Task Bar: What are "badges" on task bar buttons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/617c6aea-ad3a-4498-a27e-7550ad54f8c3
  4. Task bar

Task bar: How do I shrink my task bar? The black goes almost to the middle of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/fde14e9a-f384-4cb2-a473-d566dd272d06
  5. Task bar

Task bar: Task bar sits high off the bottom om the screen. Upper portion of window is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/dbfbc2fe-f124-47f8-a5f6-882beeea93cd
  6. task bar

task bar: my task bar keeps on growing wider ive unlocked the auto lock task bar and same for the hade the task bar automatically none of these are now applied but on my system there is no box to click applies or ok once ive locked my task bar etc and I did this the other day and when...
  7. Task Bar

Task Bar: Does anyone know how to get the task bar to hide when I don't have my cursor on it. I'm pretty sure it used to do that and you could just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen if you needed it. It's really annoying to not be able to see the bottom of the screen....
  8. task bar problem

task bar problem: I accidently moved my task bar, but would like it back to the original position on Windows 10, but can't figure out how to do so. I would really appreciate some help, thank you in advance. Christine...
  9. Task Bar Problem

Task Bar Problem: I keep losing my task bar on Windows 10... any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/task-bar-problem/cb13aad3-6be5-4ebb-ba3e-c1d8755b0412
  10. Task Bar

Task Bar: I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?...