Windows 10: Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

Discus and support Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having massive issues with my Win 10. I think it was the last update but I am not sure. -Windows is taking between 25 and 40 mins to boot. Was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryCarlyle, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

I am having massive issues with my Win 10. I think it was the last update but I am not sure.

-Windows is taking between 25 and 40 mins to boot. Was a few seconds.

-Discord opens but gets stuck on checking for updates.

-Comodo doesnt start.
    -Trying to reinstall/fix Commodo wont work as it says it cant connect to the net.
    -Advanced System care, Driver Booster and Iobit Uninstaller all start but run very slow, show no programs and cant connect to net.

-Disk Manager opens but is blank and cant connect. Even though I have tried service related fixes from videos.

-Powershell opens but I cant type in it. CMD seems OK.

-I have done a clean boot and Windows interface is very fast now. I can connect to the net in the browser but none of my programs seem to be able to for updates.

Been trying to fix it but cant do much because of these problems. Even tried resetting the network using CMD commands but didnt seem to help.

I know you cant fix it for me but do you think it is A Window update caused this or something else and what do you suggest I try, please?

This is starting to cause me health issues from stress. Especially since every time I try something and reboot to apply it I then have to wait almost an hour for it to start into Windows.

:)

GaryCarlyle, Dec 24, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Dec 24, 2018
  3. DonWyman Win User
    Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

1. Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update - Similar Threads - Multiple problems last

2. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  3. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  4. Problem after last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after last Update: Hi, After updating the las version of Windows 10 was automatically updated, my desktop freezes everytime i turn on the computer. My laptop is fairly new and had worked well until this episode. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  5. Problems, problems, problems after last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems, problems, problems after last Windows 10 update.: I updated Windows on 8/22/2019, and started having problems with my Dell XPS after that. First, I got an error message upon startup that the system didn't recognize the AC Adapter. The system has slowed to a very s l o w crawl and shuts down periodically. Last week I found...
  6. Display and mouse problems after the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display and mouse problems after the last Win 10 update: This lasted update did something to my Hp w2338h computer and monitor. I know have a horizental line about that is about 1/4 from the edge of the right side of the monitor and my arrow for my mouse acts like it has a mind of it own. Just starts moving on it own and jumps...
  7. problems after last update

problems after last update: After last update my computer volume, windows task bar, edge, start button, cortona,,,among other items I can't access such as my control panal..!!! how do I fix it???...
  8. Multiple problems after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple problems after updates: I run a dual boot Win 8.1 and Win 10, with the latter just for gaming which I haven't had much time for recently, so I haven't booted into it that often. So when I did a month or two ago there were a bunch of updates. I'm not exactly what updates there were but I think it...
  9. problems after last update

problems after last update: Hi, I got my PC updated lately and now have alot of problems. Sleep button disapeared, power settings disapeard, cannot turn off display, my nvidia card is not working and have some graphic glitches while scrolling internet pages. Also got blurry apps even they weren´t...
  10. The last Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The last Win 10 Update: HELP!! following the last Windows 10 update on my desktop PC I have internet problems, when using the MS trouble shooters I get the message's "required protocols are missing" and/or "service registration is missing or corrupt". Plus I cannot reset my Microsoft account, I...