Windows 10: Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems

Discus and support Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It all started few days ago . My desktop was contiunously refreshing . I saw a video and stopped 2 services from running. Then it stopped refreshing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sweetyriya, May 7, 2020.

1. Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems

It all started few days ago . My desktop was contiunously refreshing . I saw a video and stopped 2 services from running. Then it stopped refreshing. But was not able to open file explorer . Thought it was due to some update error and tried to update windows after disc cleanupdidnt have storage space . It will download, install but when i restart it to 'undoing changes' and the update fails. And many of my programs like eclipse, appium etc are not opening.But few others are opening .Images like png and jpg images are not opening and throwing file error .And File explorer is also opening now

Tried using troubleshooter ,that is also throwing error. Tried sfc /scannow in cmd prompt, after 98% it stops and doesnt work either .Tried in safe mode too.But that didnt help either.

Can you tell me what is wrong with my system? Did i delete some important files ? :-

Will Upgrade using Windows ISO solve this problem? I downloaded the tool.But when i run , it tells me to free up space. How much space is needed to run this? ALso if i choose ISO file option, should i burn it to advd and then only use it to install on my pc? I have a Surface Pro with Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1803 OS Build: 17134.950

Please help!

:)

sweetyriya, May 7, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 7, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 7, 2020
  4. Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems

1. Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems - Similar Threads - Multiple Programs Opening

2. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  3. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  4. Problem open magnify program:

Problem open magnify program:: Please help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-open-magnify-program/cad8468b-eea4-4180-a4f0-3435d93df642
  5. Problems opening Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems opening Programs: I recently uninstalled avast security and Cleanup Premium as they took up too much Memory. But after that some apps like VMware workstation pro and MS Edge are not launching. If I try to launch them from the start menu, nothing happens. No window pops up. But If I try to...
  6. Keyboard entering multiple keys/opening programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard entering multiple keys/opening programs.: Hi about an hour ago I was playing a game & suddenly I noticed my keys weren't right, more specifically just the row under the number keys "Tab - \". Not sure why it's just that row, I'm pretty sure I have sticky keys disabled. For example whenever I press "Q" my camera...
  7. Program opening problem

Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  8. Program opening problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  9. Problem opening program installers.

Problem opening program installers.: Hi, I've been having a problem with my computer in the past few days. Every time I try to open any ".exe" file or regular function on windows that has the admin shield icon what ever i try to open it from weather its the desktop the file manager of the properties panel of...
  10. Open program multiple times - advenced

Open program multiple times - advenced: Hello, I would like to scan in the same time from two Epson scanners (V800 and V600) from one PC (Windows10). But when you turn on Epson scaner you can connect only with one scaner in the same time (connection only USB) How to open multiply Epson Scaner (dedicated...