Windows 10: Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

Discus and support Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop PC has finally reached the end of its life. I had something to do with it (inadvertently pushing it to a quick end, but probably that's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fortitude, May 24, 2019.

1. Fortitude Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

My desktop PC has finally reached the end of its life. I had something to do with it (inadvertently pushing it to a quick end, but probably that's a story for another forum).

I decided to buy a laptop instead of a desktop PC.

Here's some background information:
    My questions for which I would be grateful for some advice are as follows:

1. How may I transfer the three Windows accounts to my laptop?

2. How can I transfer the data on the old D drive to the laptop's Documents folder?

3. Can I upgrade the Windows version on my laptop from Windows Home edition to Windows Pro? If so, how and possibly equally important, at which point should I do this?

:)

Fortitude, May 24, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 24, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 24, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc. - Similar Threads - Multiple questions installing

2. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  3. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  4. Question About Account Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Multiple questions about HDMI issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple questions about HDMI issues: I updated windows 10 and my HDMI port stopped working on the laptop. Months later I upgraded my desktop and the HDMI port did not work. I read about others having HDMI issues with windows 10 updates'. I know about usb to HDMI but I was thinking of asking about a windows fix...
  6. Question About Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  7. Questions about multiple monitors.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Questions about multiple monitors.: Hello, newbie here! I am looking to have several monitors set up in different rooms of our business. Don't want separate computers, but monitors only pulling from main office computer. Either each monitor showing all information about each section of the business (from Excel...
  8. Question about transferring license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about transferring license: One of my PCs, which I built myself, originally ran Windows 7, which I later updated to Windows 10 while it was still available as a free download. This PC has now reaching end of life and I'm wondering if there will be any issues using the same product key on a new computer....
  9. Question about accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about accounts: What is the DefaultAppPool account folder for? 86363
  10. Question about install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...