Windows 10: Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator

Discus and support Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I had to reinstall Windows and I proceeded partition my C: drive to a 50gb C: Drive for my os and a 900gb D: drive for games and personal files. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sxmxs, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Sxmxs Win User

Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator

So I had to reinstall Windows and I proceeded partition my C: drive to a 50gb C: Drive for my os and a 900gb D: drive for games and personal files. The only issue is that nothing will save to the D: drive unless I manually change the location. I have set my file location in windows settings to the D: drive, but nothing will save to that drive. I also want to hide specific icons from my desktop screen, but they aren't shortcuts so whenever I click delete, it says I need permission form the administrator and "Trustedinstaller". I cant find out how to remove the icon from my home screen without deleting the files, and how do I give myself admin permission? my desktop only has one user so I'm not sure how I lost permission.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sxmxs, Jan 14, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 14, 2021
  4. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator - Similar Threads - Multiple questions pertaining

2. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.: I look after 16 PC's in a small business of which 7 of them suddenly had the hidden administrator enabled and visible at login. This is not a Domain setup just a workgroup. how and why should/could this happen....
  3. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.: I look after 16 PC's in a small business of which 7 of them suddenly had the hidden administrator enabled and visible at login. This is not a Domain setup just a workgroup. how and why should/could this happen....
  4. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Questions pertaining to SSD install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions pertaining to SSD install: My 10 year old HP desktop is running extremely slow. Perhaps due to the progression of upgrades from Win 7 to Win 8 and now Win 10. Takes almost five minutes to boot up and is slow opening programs. I have been told resetting Windows and installing a SSD is the best way to...
  6. Multiple questions pertaining to audio, file installation and device administrator

Multiple questions pertaining to audio, file installation and device administrator: So I had to reinstall Windows and I proceeded partition my C: drive to a 50gb C: Drive for my os and a 900gb D: drive for games and personal files. The only issue is that nothing will save to the D: drive unless I manually change the location. I have set my file location in...
  7. Administrator Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Question: I just purchased a new machine that runs Windows for Home/Student. I created two accounts for myself - both Administrators. There are still folders they can't access due to permissions, e.g. C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps. I enabled the hidden Administrator account, and it can't...
  8. 3 Questions one pertaining to network discovery, Second question pertaining to maps and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 Questions one pertaining to network discovery, Second question pertaining to maps and...: Hi been having issues since I bought new computer network discovery shows cell phone when I went into dev tools I uncovered something called jscript static which is json files however I dont have active cell phone but it was able to translate messages how weird is that? I...
  9. Windows Administration Software Install question

Windows Administration Software Install question: Windows Administration Software Install question: Hello. When is it ok to install various software logged in as end-user (worker-bee) and using runas... 'Administrator' VS. logging into the pc as the administrator myself (Administrator), and then performing the install....
  10. Administrator question

Administrator question: My late husband was the administrator on our desktop computer (windows 10). How do I delete his account and make me the administrator? Thank you. Christi V....